𝐀 𝐋𝐄𝐓𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐑𝐎𝐌 . . . - 𝐀𝐚𝐳𝐮𝐡𝐚 (𝟑)

written for my 500+ follower event on tumblr !

modern!au <3

To the beloved one who reads this,

How do you fare? The wind tells me such things, but the tongue of the breeze is one that takes decades to master.

...Hm, alright. I'll stop now. I'm sure you're already wondering what this is all about. Haha, you didn't expect me to write you a letter, did you? Or perhaps you did. You know me well, perhaps too well.

As for why I'm writing this... I can't say it's my first time doing such an act, but it's certainly filled with anticipation all the same. Yes, I do have your number, but I wouldn't want to bother you with such selfish frivolities, would I? That's why I came up with a solution, this letter, the one you're holding in your very hands and reading with your very eyes. That way, once you're free, you can read the words I'd like to speak.

Now then... ah, how should I begin this? I've explained my reasons... so I suppose I should begin to elaborate further.

...Although, that's quite the... awkward topic to delve into. It's rather selfish of me to wish to say these things to you... however, I feel like it's been a while since we've been able to, well, hang out. Just the two of us. There's always someone there, bothering every moment we have, disturbing the connections between us... ah, I've said too much.

Point is... is... is it okay to be selfish, just this once? As much as it shames me to say, or rather, write these words to you, I really detest it when they dare trample upon our precious time together. These moments are for us, and for us only, and for them to foolishly... ahem.

I suppose one could say that I'm jealous.

I, the always calm and collected Kazuha. It's strange how things somehow play out, isn't it? But then again, we've known each other for a long time, well enough to begin to show our true colors, so perhaps, in a way, this could've been expected.

I am certainly not proud of what I have said today... however, they leapt out of my hands and onto the paper. These words are true to my heart, and ones that I've wished to say.

Apologies for any disruptions I may have caused you. If you'd like, you can choose to ignore this letter. I understand.

That said, if you choose to consider... me... then, should we discuss times where we'd be able to meet up? I heard there was a new coffee shop that opened near downtown, perhaps we could meet up there? I've got quite the number of tales to share with you... best be prepared.

Then, I will await a response, if you will.

Thank you, and my apologies.

Sincerely,

Kazuha.