𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐎𝐍𝐋𝐘 𝐎𝐍𝐄 - 𝐚𝐥𝐛𝐞𝐝𝐨

. . .warnings! fluff, albedo is a bit possessive, kaeya tries to ask reader out

"...Do you understand?" Albedo's voice is soft as he looks up from his test tube and glances at your confused expression. "No matter. I'll explain it again."

"Th-There's no need to..." sighing you let your tired figure slump. "I understand the bare minimum, but it'll have to do."

"Very well then." He hands you the glowing fluid gingerly, gloved fingers lightly brushing against yours as he does so. He doesn't seem to acknowledge it, but you do, instantly flinching before quickly snatching it from his hand and barely keeping the contents inside the bottle.

Clearing your throat awkwardly, you resume the experiment, keenly aware of the platinum blonde male watching you intently at your every movement, his expression unchanging.

He was always a hard person to read. The fact that you had horrible social skills certainly didn't help, either.

"Good job. I can take it from here." He moves forward, gesturing his hand to the space beside him. You did as such, handing the vial to the man once more, face still a bit red from the previous incident. Standing beside him eagerly, you watched the male finish the rest of the procedure flawlessly.

As he poured the last drops of blue liquid into the larger container, a small mushroom cloud forms rose up smokily into the air. Glancing at Albedo, you saw that his gaze hasn't changed one bit, but he made a little "tsk" sound before waving the particles away. "Another negative matchup. That's all for today, then." He glanced at you, teal eyes softening just by a fraction. "You can head on home. I'll clean up."

"Oh, no, I couldn't leave you-!" You shook your head frantically.

"I don't need help." Seeing his gaze harden, you sigh in defeat, before grabbing your bag and belongings off of one of the tables and giving the man a small wave.

"I'll see you tomorrow, then?" You let a smile cross your face as you glanced at Albedo.

"Yes."

"Oh- And-" About to exit the warmly-lit cavern, you paused at stared at the alchemist with a questioning look. "...Kaeya and I are going to Cat's Tail tonight for a drink. Would you want to come along- Ah... you're not the type of person to enjoy that, are you... Nevermind! F-Forget I said anything-"

"I'll go."

"...What?"

"I'm going. Is there something wrong with that?"

"No- but-" Something about his voice... almost scared you. "I just didn't expect you to agree, is all..." Grinning, you beamed. "But I'm glad you'll be coming along!"

"Alright."

"It'll be tonight, let's say... 8 pm? Kaeya and I have some things to discuss so we'll be there a bit earlier."

"...Okay."

With that, the two of you parted ways, the stern man not saying another word, not even one of farewell. You, on the other hand, were in a state of visible confusion. It was a shock that Albedo had agreed to leave the mountain, let alone participate in anything that made him have to talk.

When the time came, you arrived at the tavern, greeting Diona briefly before taking your seat at the designated table. The blue-haired man arrived not long after, his uncovered eye twinkling with excitement. Sliding into the empty chair beside you, he propped up his elbow on the table.