Chp 8 : Dinner at the Royal Senchi

-Adam-

"We are here," stated Ben.

"Wait," seriously this is where we are dining?!

"The prices here are sky-high. Are you sure you can afford it? Anyone familiar with the name Royal Senchi knows that dinner here is reserved for a select few."

"Seriously, who are you?" I ask this as I look at him in shock.

The Royal Senchi Resort is known for being the first 4-star luxury resort in Ghana. It is said to stand on 35 acres of lush greenery with a magnificent view of the Volta River. It offers a unique blend of fauna, flora, traditional architecture, and modernity of the highest standards.

In West Africa, it is said to be the most romantic hotel destination. Each luxury dwelling boasts a distinctive tribal-meets-elegance décor that will make your stay here a treat for the senses.

"Really!," you need not have brought me here.

Why not? Of course, you deserve to be here. If I am to take you out, I want you to experience the best things money can offer.

To wow me, you don't have to do anything extraordinary. Dinner at a roadside restaurant will suffice. I prefer more affordable things.

I know, he replies. That is one of the many things I admire about you. "Simple but classy."

I smiled sheepishly, my face instantly flushing.

"Shall we?" He gestured for me to take the lead. As we entered the hotel lobby, we were met by a waiter who was neatly dressed and had the perfect smile that would put your mind at ease, knowing that you were in capable hands.

"You must be Miss Dickson and Mr. Adam."

I was informed of your reservation, "Mr. Adams." I will be your waiter tonight. if you will follow me. "Right this way," He said this as he gestured to the lounge with a river view. He leads us through a twisted hallway before coming to a stop at the lounge.

"Allow me," says the waiter as he pulls the chair for me to sit in. "Thank you." I replies.

Ben slid into a chair right in front of me. Handling us the menu, he says, I will be back to take your orders. Please take your time. He says this as he withdraws from our table.

As I took in my surroundings, I noticed that it was rather peaceful, with a cool breeze coming in from the river, as the evening softly came with the sunset, almost making it impossible to watch the sunset and not dream. Leaning over, I whispered to him. The view here is truly spectacular.

He smiled at me in return. I'm glad you like it here. What drink will you have? Red wine or champagne, he offers".

"Some soft drinks will do, if you don't mind."

Not at all, he says as he gastures for the waiter. Can you get me some red wine, and for my lady Malta Guinness, please?

"Coming right up, sir."

"So, are you going to tell me who you are?" I ask this.

"You really couldn't wait for us to get some drinks first. Can you."

"Sorry!" but I am not one to waste time. Well, go on. You did say you were an open book, right? out with it. Tell me all there is to know about you. "I know what you do for a living, but where are you from, where were you born, and where did you grow up?" Don't tell me you are from here, because you aren't.

"Surely, you look African, but you don't sound like one."

Laughing, he placed his hand on mine. whispering, he said. If I answer that, will it clear up all doubts about me?

Not really," but it's a start.

He looks at me closingly, somewhat relieved by my response.

"Well, for starters, I was born in Manchester but spent most of my childhood in Florida when my father got employed as a professor at one of the universities. He had no choice but to move his family from England to the USA.

Well, the news came as a surprise to my mom at first, but she had no choice but to agree to the move. The change wasn't easy, but I had to learn to adapt. When I got a scholarship to study at Harvard University to do law, I took it up. Also, it gave me the excuse to move away from my parents.

"Why did you need the excuse to move away from home, if you don't mind me asking?"

Thank you, Frank, We will call you when we are ready to order our meal. He said this: As the waiter drops in our drinks,

He reached for his drink. I watch him take a sip.

Where was I? Right, my parents love each other, but at times not so much. It is during those times that I will prefer not to be around, if you know what I mean.

"I am sorry."

Waving me off, he said, Don't be. Anyway, enough about me. What of you?

Sorry, but tonight is not about me; it is about you, Mr.Adam.

To be fair, it doesn't hurt to know a little bit about you, Shelly.

"Well, I am ready to order my meal, are you?" Glancing through the menu, I settle for assorted fried rice with grilled chicken.

"What about you?" I asked.

I will go in for the same thing as well.

Both of us placed our orders as we waited to be served.

"Ben," are you married? I asked this as I placed the menu down.

Shocked by my outburst of question, he nearly chocked on his drink.

"I beg your pardon."

It is a question, is it not?

No, I am not married, and I do not have kids. "Is there anything else you wish to know?"

"Nothing for now." I said this as my attention was drawn to the food place before me.

I couldn't shake the feeling that his gaze was on me. Refusing to lift my head, I couldn't tell whether he was miffed by my last question.