Chp 5 : Coincidence

-Shelley-

"George," I see your daughter is back home. You must be very happy.

Yes, I am. Can you see I am wearing my favourite attire? Saying this, both men laugh hysterically.

So!, young lady, tell me, how is life at the capital? Is it anything like you hope to be?

Well, not entirely, but manageable.

I agree, As an example, consider my son: "My goodness, here we go." As I eagerly await the conclusion of that statement, "he has been thriving since relocating to Georgia."

He is doing very well in the army. Last time I spoke to him, he did say he had been promoted to captain. He is also seeing a certain lady. Something about being in a relationship with her. She is beautiful, right, Mary? Tell them, wasn't she?

Mr. James looked at his wife enthusiastically, expecting her to contribute to the conversation in return, but instead she passed a compliment to my mom.

"That is a lovely bracelet, Juliana."

"Oh! Thank you. I thought no one took notice of it as she answered excitedly." She awkwardly fumbles with it.

"It matches so well with your dress."

You are so kind. My husband got it for me for my birthday.

With the wine glass lifted to Mrs. Agyapong's lips, she says, Surely, George, you have good eyes.

"Beaming with pride," he says, surely I do try.

Just when I thought the conversation couldn't get any awkward, "Shelly, do tell me, are there any men in your life? "Sarah!" she asked. with the music playing louder in the background. I pretend not to have heard.

"Sorry! Did you say something?"

Getting up from the table, I apologised and emphasised the need to visit the ladies room.

As I made my way to the ladies room, I bumped into a gentleman at the staircase.

"So sorry," I didn't see you.

There was no need to apologise, and neither did I....

Wait, I know that voice. "Mr. Adams," what are you doing here?

"Shelly!" What are you doing in a place like this?"I could ask you the same thing."

It's a bit too loud in here. Can we talk on the terrace?He slowly led me to the terrace.

Much better here. I thought you were home with your parents, and "I thought you were in the capital."

How is it that you are here? Can you explain that to me?

Adjusting himself by the rail, he replies, "Well, I was, but I have to make my way here this morning for an unplanned meeting with the manager of this hotel.

You see, this place was recently opened to the general public, and the management needed some legal advice. I was called in to help, which was suggested by a friend of mine.

It came on such short notice that I couldn't refuse. That's why I am here. for a business meeting. "What about you? By the way, you look gorgeous."

With a little smile on the cornor of my lips, I tag a loss of hair at the back of my ear.

"Thank you, but I am only here on an invitation extended to my family by one of our family friends to dine with them. So, I am not here alone."

"I see. I guess it is both a relief and a shame."