Chp 10 : Regrets

-Adam-

Seated on my sofa, I am leisurely reviewing a stack of papers that I brought with me from my meeting with Mr. Vanderpuye, which pertains to the licenses and permits that the resort has obtained.

Although I did not accept the job of being their legal representative, I did agree to go through them. Not to mention the employment contract that I had to draft for this establishment's. Every single one of these things needs doing, but I just can't seem to get around to it.

Dammit! It appears as though I have become sidetracked. I need to have this contract draft before tomorrow, and yet all I can think of is Miss Dickson.

She has been occupying my thoughts lately. There is really nothing special about her, and yet I find myself drawn to her. Of course, throughout my youthful years, I have met far more beautiful ladies than her. Those with angelic, beauteous, alluring, and captivating smiles and juicy lips. They didn't affect me.

Until now. Why her?

"I can't believe last night's dinner got ruined." he sighed as he sank into the sofa. Everything was going so well. Actually, way too well, if I may say so myself, then one false move and everything went down the drain. She virtually said nothing to me on the way home. The whole ride was torture for me.

I doubt she will want to see me again. Ugh, this is frustrating. I knew I was fucked the moment I laid eyes on her at the mall. Everything about her screams danger, and yet here I am.

A sharp knock at the door interrupted my train of thought. Who could be at my door at this time of day? In my black trousers and bare chest, I make my way to the door. "I am not in the mood to entertain."

Another impatient-sounding knock resonated through the hall.

Just a minute. I call as I move in to check who it was. I open the door to Matthew, leaning against my hotel door, arms crossed.

"What's up men?" Sorry to drop by without calling first. He says it happily. Man, you look like shit. You want to talk about it? He asks this as he walks past me in the living room to my messy workspace.

What I want is a drink, and a rather strong one," says Ben.

You never drink, especially at this time of the day. What's going on?

"Shelley" is what is going on, and before you ask me who she is, let me have my drink first.

This will be juicy. A woman finally caught your attention. She did more than caught my attention.

Where should I begin? He says this as he drains the remains of his D'Oliveiras Medeira wine in one swipe. Leaning against the counter by the bar, he fills his friend in on the events that transpired between him and Miss Dickson a few months ago to date.

Shit men You are fucked. My words exactly. So what are you going to do about it?

What can I do about it? After what nearly happened between us, I am sure she is going to ghost me.

You are probably right. I mean, she has been avoiding you way before you went out, but I think you can prevent her from ghosting you if you go looking for her and talk. After all, you know where she lives.

I thought it would be wise to give her some space, you know. I don't want to come out desperate.

Burst out laughing. Matthew said, you really think you are not desperate?! Look at yourself, bro.

Fuck off, Matthew.

Woah, woah, slow down. I'm just trying to help.

I'm so sorry coming at you like that. I know you are trying to help. I think I will give her the morning to cool off then pass by her place tonight.