Chapter 26

Song for the chapter : She's mine pt 2 by J. Cole

Ifeanyi POV

I got down from the car, heading straight into the gates of Richworth high. Such a stupid school to be very honest. The rules, the teachers, the students, every thing about that school was fucked.

You must be wondering why I'm in such a negative mood, well I didn't wake up in a shit mood.
My mood was as a result of someone.

I walked into the busy hallways, everyone was talking and laughing about stupid things.
I was in such a negative mood and I hated how everything he seemed to do or say affected me that much.

"Hey man" Nuel spoke, raising his hand up for a dap but when I ignored him he resorted to patting my shoulder.

"What's good?" He asked, coming around to face me properly.
"I'm calm, how you doing?" I asked, refusing to look him in the face while using my locker door as some type of shield.

"You sure you aight man?" He made sure to ask one more time, masking the worry in his face and voice so no one would suspect anything was up.

I sighed out loud before closing my locker and turning to him, "I'm in a shit mood and I have no idea why. I'll be fine soon I guess"
It wasn't a complete lie. I was in a shit mood but I did know the reason why.

"Okay, let's head to class or we'd be late." He said patting my shoulder as if to tell me I'll be fine.

We headed to English class and Nuel went to sit beside his seat partner, Feyishayo.
No one could forget when she blew up at the teacher when she pushed her to the wall. I for one was very surprised to be honest. She wasn't even rude, she was just direct and spoke like she didn't give a shit.

Thought that was badass by the way.
Until the teacher said something that apparently hurt her cause she looked really hurt. She shut it down and backed off then which was smart cause it was obvious that if she didn't stop herself, she might've ended up in the principals office for physical assault on a teacher which would've most likely gotten her expelled.

Some parts of me wanted Feyi to beat up that woman but not at the cost of her scholarship.

I trained my eyes on her till she got to her seat and that was when I noticed Nuel fuming. The scene upset him more than it did the rest of us which confused me because last time I checked, he didn't like the girl.

Lowkey felt like something was going on between those two.

I sat in my seat, the incident that happened that morning replaying in my head.

The teacher walked in and my thoughts came to a halt as we all greeted her.

The class started and my mind found a way to wander back to the incident of that morning.

I woke up with a groan, feeling rather tired when a maid knocked on my door saying that dad called for me.
I put on some clothes and headed to the dining where he was. His wives were there as well and I greeted all of them accordingly.

"Got the results of your recent tests and your mothers implored me to speak to you so you'll do better because apparently you don't listen to them. You got 2 B's and 6 C's that's very poor for an Obaze." He punctuated his sentence with a deathly glare towards me.

"And these are relatively better than the others, I guess there's some improvement." One of his wives spoke without even looking my way.
Dad remained quiet for a while before speaking up, "I knew you were a disappointment but I didn't think you had started becoming stupid and I keep wondering why your brain has stopped developing. How will you take over any of my businesses this way? How will you be a politician this way? How will you ever be able to surpass my accomplishments this way? You'd die before you started-"