Chapter 25

Song for the chapter : Pills and Potions by Nicki Minaj

Princess POV

Hi guys, I'm Princess, a third person character. I'll basically be narrating some parts of the story from an outside perspective.
That being said, let's get to it.

#####

She walked into the hallway with swollen palms, trying to fight back the tears from the stinging pain. One look at her and you'd know she was going through something.

Her disheveled hair, pretty doe eyes that looked tired, fragile stature that looked like it could fall apart any moment.

It was funny how she still had a fierce look in her eyes. A look that said she could face anything, a look that demanded attention.

One would think that after the many weeks of getting punished for late coming, Feyishayo Bamidele would have gotten used to the strokes of cane they dished out to her but that wasn't the case. She never missed a day of getting flogged since the 2nd week she resumed.

It was starting to get painful to watch because she'd break down while being disciplined. It almost seemed like she was crying out accumulated tears, hence my reason for thinking she was going through some stuff.

She got to her locker and took her books out before speed walking to her class that had started 15 minutes before.

"Good morning ma" Feyi spoke, opening the door to the English class which was packed with students all staring holes into her forehead.

"Good morning. Welcome ma, should I help with your bags?" Mrs. Bunmi, the English teacher asked, sarcasm dripping from her question.

It wasn't obvious to people that weren't paying close attention like I was, but an irritated expression came on Feyi's face quickly and left in the same manner before people would realize.

Who wouldn't be pissed?

Getting to school late and then getting disciplined then extra drama in class?

Feyi just remained quiet, staring at an empty space right beside Mrs. Bunmi.

"Why are you just coming to class Bamidele?" She asked in a firmer tone, glaring at the girl.

"I came to school late ma".

"See how she's even saying it with her chest. how is that any of my business? You think you can just waltz into my class 20 minutes late? Such audacity!"

"This is the first time I'm coming late into this class and I was just 15 minutes late, it's better than me missing the entire class and not gaining anything at all. So can I just sit down somewhere and not continue wasting this period with this pointless conversation".

The entire class shook after that one cause no one imagined Feyishayo talking back to a teacher in that manner. It was too funny to be honest.
Besides, there was only so much she could take.

"It's crazy that you think you can speak to me like that-"
"Like what? I didn't say anything inappropriate, I was being reasonab-"

"Will you shut up! Let that be the last time you'd cut me off disrespectfully. Who do you think you are? Walking into my class late and causing a scene?"
"I-" Feyi tried to speak her truth but Mrs. Bunmi didn't let her.

"It's more appalling because you're just a scholarship student. You should be grateful to be here, you should be working your hardest instead you're slacking off, talking back to teachers, being disrespectful. If this is how they act from wherever you're from-"