Chapter 48: Divine Messenger

On the bench, Juventus' master striker, Snuffy looked at the play of field in motion eerily. He knew very well that their offense would struggle without a prominent figurehead, but this was going south sooner than anyone could anticipate. 

He side-eyed Baro who couldn't contain his frustration. The lack of clinical finishing chances can only be explained because of his exclusion. Refusing to entertain Snuffy's ideology paved the way for Kiyotaka's goal. 

Snuffy: Calm yourself Baro and take it all in. When you don't have a qualified enough employee, the others have to pick up the slack. And 9 times out of 10, it never works. With those two, Kiyotaka and Karasu, the offense is effectively shut down. Now with the pressure solely on the defense, it's a given it might break down with the added offensive pressure. 

Baro: Put me in now! I'll go with your system

Baro: Put me in now! I'll go with your system. I just want to get into this game!

Snuffy sighed. 

Snuffy: It's too late for that. You haven't trained in any of our offensive patterns or designed plays. Do you remember you trained on your own? Entertain my philosophy for the next match. But for now, analyze what you can from Kiyotaka. 

Baro: What?

Snuffy: The way he's playing right now, is how I expect you to discern the game and pick your shots.  

...

...

...

Miretti passed to Lucca to restart. 

Kiyotaka's eyes discerned the positions of every offensive player. The sight before him, was another premonition... of Juventus' designed attack. 

Kiyotaka: Miretti to Lucca... Abdi and Rico press on the wings but that's a distraction... Drago and Peron cross diagonally to make a diamond through the middle for a high-percentage shot... it's all they can come up with given the personnel. 

Rin overheard Kiyotaka talking to himself.

Rin: (What nonsense are you telling yourself now after just a goal.)

Lucca immediately passed back to Miretti as Abdi and Rico pressed on the wings. The midfielders Drago and Peron crossed diagonally to make a diamond through the middle. Their only chance was a high-percentage shot. Lorenzo, having participated in the attack before, remained back in order to pounce on a potential counterattack. 

Kiyotaka: Karasu, fall back in front of Chapa.

Karasu smirked.