Chapter 18: On the Border of Flow

Anri: This

Anri: This... is insane. Is this really a soccer match?

Ego: What you're seeing right now, is exactly why Blue Lock is here in the first place. Shido, for the first time, has found another lifeform at his level and is amused by it. Rin, on the other hand, only thought the people in Blue Lock were pawns and he's found out real quick that he could lose this match. And finally, Ayanokouji has found his egoism. It's only a matter of time before it's fully awakened. 

Anri: It's because of Shido, isn't it?

Ego: Would you look at that? The errand girl got something right.

Anri was annoyed.

Anri: (Errand girl?)

 Ego: For now, Ayanokouji and Shido have the advantage because of their chemistry with one another. With Ayanokouji ordering the other two to specific places to defend, and their quick and fast counterattacks, Team Red will most likely lose. 

Anri: So that's it. Team White wins?

Ego: Idiot. I only said right now. There is one way Team Red can change the match's momentum.

Anri: And that's...

Ego: A potential awakening from Rin. 

Anri: But didn't you tell me before that you didn't even believe that he would awaken?

Ego: I didn't think a team would form that would have been enough to contend with him. Now, we'll see just how far Team White pushes Itoshi Rin and how he will respond against the pressure. 

...

...

...

Ayanokouji: Shido, stay on Aryu and prepare for the counterattack

Ayanokouji: Shido, stay on Aryu and prepare for the counterattack. Raichi, glue yourself onto Bachira. Igarashi defend the goal. I'll handle Rin and Tokimitsu. 

Shido: Ya sure you can handle those two? Aren't ya tired? 

Looking at the players, Ayanokouji noticed fatigue taking effect. The match was fast-paced since the very beginning so it makes sense to see players from both teams exhausted. Tokimitsu, however, was perfectly fine.