Chapter 3: The King

Aside from the words Ego had already said, there was one other thing he mentioned. Although only two teams would pass through to the next selection, the strikers that have the most goals in the other 3 respected teams, also move on to the next round. 

Ego: You will be going up against team X for the first match. It begins in 2 hours. 

Once Ego finished speaking, the 11 strikers soon were at odds determining the lineup. 

Kuon: Why don't we do rock, paper, scissors for positions? 

For the most part, everyone agreed and the winner would choose their favored position and so on. The team all had a turn for rock, paper, scissors and the final 4 were Isagi, Gagamaru, Raichi and Bachira. The final match ended with Isagi throwing rock and the others throwing scissors, making him the winner. 

Raichi: Damn it! Isagi won!

Kuon: Then, starting with Isagi-kun, we'll each say which position we want to play in. 

Isagi: I wanna be the forward. 

Raichi: Oh, fuck off! This blows!

Ayanokouji: We all decided to play rock, paper, scissors for the positions so now is hardly the time to complain. 

Raichi: Heh, I guess you're right. I could be like you and pick second to last, hahahaha!!!

After 9 of the strikers decided their positions, it was time for Ayanokouji. 

Ayanokouji: Left centerback. 

There was only two positions left and they were a centerback and the goalkeeper so it was a no-brainer. Lemon, the final striker, was left with goalkeeper. 

Thinking amongst themselves, they created their preferred formation. 

Kuon: This is our formation for the first match. 

With Isagi as the striker, Gagamaru, Bachira, and Naruhaya rounded up the other forwards. The two midfielders are Raichi and Kunigami. And the defenders from left to right are Kuon, Ayanokouji, Igaguri, and Chigiri. And at goal, is of course, Lemon. 

Kuon: We'll go for the win with Isagi-kun as our center forward. 

Bachira: Gotcha. 

Igarashi: Isagi's ranking is super low. Can we win with him as our focal point?

Kunigami: Stop complaining, Igaguri. 

Raichi: All we gotta do is win. 

Gagamaru: No objections here. 

Chigiri: 'All we gotta do is win' huh?

Naruhaya: Can you even play as goalkeeper, Lemon?

Lemon: I lost at rock, paper, scissors, so I'll have to do it. 

Isagi: (A battle about creating soccer from zero? What did he mean by that?)

Kuon: It's almost time. 

Just like that, 2 hours had come and passed. The eleven strikers changed into their blue uniforms, all with their distinct numbers. Ayanokouji's jersey had the number 1 on it. 

As the team came onto the field, they grasped the sight that was team X. Both teams shared the same desire to win and dominate. 

One such a player stood in the front, Shoei Baro.

Both sides went into their respected positions. The game was about to start. 

Speaker: In the first selection, all fouls will be called by VAR. Building five's first match will be a half game lasting 45 minutes. Team X versus Team Z time for kickoff.