Chapter 29: Anything You Can Do, I Can Do Better

Isagi: (If I can't improve, I'll be left in their dust. I have to understand Kiyotaka's mind in order to counter him. He's their essential playmaker.)

Chigiri stayed in place after his goal, looking a bit bewildered at the pass he just received. 

Chigiri: (I didn't even need to put any power or guide the ball into the net. Accuracy and power didn't matter in that moment. It was like I was the defender accidentally committing an own goal. What kind of pass was that?) 

Kiyotaka, Karasu, and Nagi went over to Chigiri, giving him praise for his goal. 

Chigiri: I didn't do anything. I just stuck my leg out. 

Nagi: What else were you supposed to do? I let it go because it didn't need to get deflected by anyone but you. 

Karasu smiled, putting his hand over Chigiri's shoulder, and sighed. 

Karasu: You'll get used to that. That's Kiyotaka's pass he created in the second selection. I feel the same way as you. Doing anything but bending your leg to his pass feels uncomfortable. That's a perfect pass for you. Only Shido has been able to perfectly connect with him. 

Barou looked on in shock. 

Barou:  (That fucking pass, it's almost like he stole that goal away from the speedster fuck without even tapping it in. I won't be his fucking tool. He won't use me for his glory.)

On the other side, Bachira and Shido grinned at the sight. 

Bachira: There he goes again. Chigiri scored the goal but he took all the credit. He is so egoistic. 

Shido: Kiyo supremacy. Are you one of my people?

Isagi: (My moment to show my worth starts here. I can't go empty handed.)

With the praise and dopamine from the first goal, both sides reset, with Rin and Shido kicking off. 

Rin: Just follow my lead. Anyone who doesn't is fodder. 

Instead of passing it straight to Shido, he sent the soccer ball right over to Bachira. 

Bachira: Time to start with a bang!

Shido: Hey, what gives?!

Rin, completely ignoring him, runs forward along with Hiori, and Isagi. 

Bachira viewed his surroundings in front of him. 

Chigiri: Not so fast! You can't outpace me. 

Bachira: I'll just cleave through you!

Multiple stepovers, misdirection from right to left, and then a chop feint through his legs allowed him to bypass Chigiri and snap the ball right to it's next course, Hiori. 

Hiori: Oh, finally. 

He connected perfectly with Rin as both Nagi and Barou came bum rushing. 

Barou: Don't get in my way, lazy genius. 

Nagi: Just as long as you leave the ball to me, puny king. 

With their lack of uptake and quick pace from the opposing team, Hiori and Rin connected beautifully with one another, dashing past both Nagi and Barou with incredible openings made from their stellar play. 

Isagi: (Hiori is connecting with Rin beautifully. It's hard to keep up.)

Hiori sent a lob right through the clutches of Karasu right to Rin again.