Chapter 11: The Lazy Genius

With the score now 4-4, the momentum of the game now rested in Team Z's hands.

Ayanokouji: It took you long enough to outpace him. After all, if you're not the fast player on the field, what good are you?

Chigiri smiled angrily an Ayanokouji's attempt at a joke.

Chigiri: Just you watch. You won't even follow me with those eyes of yours!

Kuon, looking at Team Z's display, was flabbergasted.

Kuon: (They... can actually win this... with just ten players.)

Reo kicked off the ball in the middle of the field.

Reo: (I won't let them make a comeback win. I can't lose here. I'm not satisfied with stuff that's handed to me. Until I can prove that I can get what I want on my own...) I CAN'T AFFORD TO LOSE!

Raichi: Are you that terrified of losing? You sheltered preppy shit! You don't know loss?! I'll give you a taste of your very first defeat.

Reo: (This Bastard, again! Because of him, my passing routes to Nagi are compromised. I want to go past him but then there's Isagi Yoichi who's waiting for the loose ball. I'm completely chained up. The field is completely owned by Team Z. Am I... and Nagi... going to lose?)

Ayanokouji felt something wrong. It was as if all of his instincts were gravitating to the lazy genius standing, doing nothing.

Nagi: Reo...

Instantly, he dashed forward from Igarashi and Naruhaya, giving Reo a chance to pass to him.

Reo: Huh?

Nagi: Give it to me.

Reo: Nagi...

Ayanokouji: (For the first time in this match, he's taking the initiative.)

Reo gave a soft pass to Nagi who trapped it beautifully. Nagi's eyes looked entranced in black and full of focus, completely different to his aura from before.

Nagi: Reo, I'm gonna give it a try

Reo: Nagi?

As soon as he trapped the ball, Nagi dashed forward right towards Igarashi and Naruhaya.

Igarashi: What's going on?! Dribbling is one of his weapons?!

He lobbed the ball slowly off the ground in front of Igarashi and then hit it with his other foot to completely nutmeg him.

Igarashi: (Damn! He distracted me with that lob so he can nutmeg me!)

Naruhaya closed the distance very quickly. However, Nagi, who glanced to his right, noticed Zantetsu running down the field opposite him. He gave a short pass in his direction, completely fooling Naruhaya who was already out of position.