Chapter 4: The Enemy Hidden in the Shadows

With the score now 5-1, team Z has been given some new life. Isagi ran over to Ayanokouji.

Isagi: Ayanokouji-kun!

Ayanokouji: What is it, Isagi?

Isagi: Help us get another goal!

Ayanokouji: (I see. He wants to start building a structure with another goal, this time a team goal.)

Isagi: With you, me and Bachira, we can score a goal. (We can turn 0 into 1.)

Ayanokouji: Fine by me. We only have 3 minutes left. I'll play with both of you. At the very least, our goal difference will look better. 

Bachira: Works for me. 

Ayanokouji: Use me as bait. They just saw me score a goal. I'll pick a double-team and leave you open for a goal, Isagi. 

Nodding, the three changed the formation and had Isagi in the front with Ayanokouji and Bachira up top with him. 

Baro checked the ball and sprinted completely forward. He saw Ayanokouji's goal and decided that he needed another to utterly rule over the woeful team Z.

 He saw Ayanokouji's goal and decided that he needed another to utterly rule over the woeful team Z

Baro: You think just because of a wimpy goal, you can survive my rule?

The first person to react to Baro's advance... was Ayanokouji. 

Ayanokouji: The pressure you exerted in the beginning of the game...

With his full strength, Ayanokouji pushed right into Baro, surprising him and dislodging the ball away. Ayanokouji controlled it and moved forward towards the goal.

Ayanokouji: ...is starting to wane, self-proclaimed king. 

Old information filtered out of Ayanokouji's brain and new pieces were sucked in and analyzed. Each piece of the pitch seemed almost like a chess board. 

Baro's weakness couldn't be exploited by Ayanokouji. In order to defeat him, his strength would have to exceed Baro's and in that moment, it did. 

???: I have you!

Another opposing player charge towards Ayanokouji. He looked to his left and saw Bachira had escaped from a cluster of defenders who had kept him in check for a good portion of the game. 

In one, swift motion, he dart passed to Bachira who touched the ball beautifully and advanced even further up. 

Bachira: I see you... Isagi. 

Before he was tackled, Bachira lobbed the ball right towards the middle where Isagi controlled it and now was 1v1 against the goal keeper. 

Isagi: (Bullseye. Nice pass, Bachira.)

)