Chapter 20: Welcome To the Real World

*** Hey guys, been a while. Hope you guys enjoy. Take care.***

-----------------------------------------------------------------

With their chaotic match over and their bodies utterly exhausted, Kiyotaka's group went into the cafeteria the sole team. Kiyotaka and Shido exchanged their points in for 5 steaks. 

Shido: I better get all five this time. 

Kiyotaka: Why should you? Each person on our team played a critical role in our victory today. Igarashi saved a goal with his head. Raichi did the same in a do or die scenario. Shido scored his hattrick and Aryu is newest member. 

The pair sat down in their table with Aryu, Raichi, and Igarashi. Kiyotaka gave each member of his team a steak. 

Shido: Tch, this blows. Ya giving a steak to this idiot over here who didn't do jack shit. 

Staring intently at Igarashi, Shido sighed. 

Shido: Eh, whatever, I guess I can live with a single stea-

Just then, Kiyotaka took his knife and fork and cut Shido's steak into pieces. 

Shido: Huh?

Kiyotaka: You can't get another steak, but I could save you the trouble of feeding yourself. Now, saw 'ah.'

Raichi: Huh?

Igarashi: Eh?! 

Aryu looked on at the situation in total speechlessness. He was enamored by Kiyotaka's proper etiquette and his... glam. 

Shido smiled. 

Shido: (Would ya look at that? Mr. Tsundere finally came around.)

Gladly, Shido ate the piece of meat off Kiyotaka's fork. He continued to feed him while conversing with the rest of the team. 

Kiyotaka: Our next match is against the World 5: some of the best players in the world. We're finally going against pros. 

Igarashi: But we don't have to win, hehehe. We already passed the second selection so we don't have any pressure. 

Kiyotaka: Hm? Sorry, I didn't get that. 

Igarashi: Oh, I said-

Kiyotaka: No, I heard exactly what you said. What I meant to say was... are you even a human being?

Aside from Kiyotaka, continuing to feed Shido while he had a cheesy smile plastered on his face, Raichi, Igarashi, and Aryu looked stunned. 

Kiyotaka: What's the point of entering a game and already expecting to lose? Prey think like that. We're not prey. What we're all eating is prey. If there's one thing I understood from Ego, it's that we're predators and need to act like it. So If you say something like that again, the only thing that's going to be impossible for you is your ability to continue in Blue Lock. 

Raichi sighed. 

Raichi: Kiyotaka's right. Who gives a shit if they're pro players? 

Aryu: I'm not one to just quit when the going gets tough. People like that don't shine bright. 

Shido: I wouldn't have it any other way. 

The meal finished in a slightly uneasy silence. The five left the cafeteria and entered their room for the night. Plastered on the screen was their opponents. 

Shido: Ah, so these are the so-called world five we're facing?

Kiyotaka: Adam Blake, the goal junkie, Pablo Cavasoz, the freckled baby, Dada Silva, the heavy tank, Leonardo Luna, the scion of Real Madrid, and Julian Loki, the god sprinter.