Chapter 33: The Ultimate Stage

{Credit to raiko675 for the pic)

...

----MATCH DAY----

It was 7:00 pm, ninety minutes away from greatness, a stage never before seen in Japan's football history. The final attendance for the game was reaching close to 80,600. The majority of them, almost 99 percent of the audience, were there to see the spectacle that was Itoshi Sae, in his first game with the National team. 

As the stadium flooded with people, two key groups arrived right on time. The first was a large armada of black cars opening and revealing Atsuomi Ayanokouji, surrounded by bodyguards. 

Atsuomi: Pick me up at this exact location in 4 hours

Atsuomi: Pick me up at this exact location in 4 hours. Have a room prepped up in the White room by then as well. 

He walked inside the stadium with an authority that could be felt by everyone around him as they moved out of the way, allowing him to bypass security alongside his multiple bodyguards. 

The second group arrived in multiple busses, piling up in the front of the stadium while hundreds of first- and second-year students exited, all excited about the event to come. 

Hirata, who's been a fan of football since he was little, was ecstatic to see his favorite player from Japan, Itoshi Sae. He was walking along with the rest of class 2-B.

Hirata: I can't believe it. It's finally happening. Itoshi Sae is playing for the National team!

Kei: From those interviews you showed me, he sounds like a cocky snob. 

Hirata nervously scratched his head. 

Hirata: He's not like that...

Kei: Anyway, it beats classes and at least we're off that island. I brought headphones for a reason. 

Maya: Don't you wanna see the game at least? It'll be fun. Let's try to make the most out of it.  

Kei: I just don't have the energy to get excited over a football game. 

Maya sighed. 

Maya: It's Kiyo-san again, isn't it?

Kei immediately jolted, almost like she was taken off guard. 

Kei: W-What does he have to do with anything?

Maya: He has everything to do with it. Even though you looked happy a couple weeks after he got expelled, you've been very bitter recently. What, ya lost contact with him?

Kei seemed a bit sad but responded none-the-less. 

Kei: I've been texting him and calling him for the past few weeks but he never answers my calls. I get an occasional 'I'm busy' text but that's it. It's frustrating. 

Maya: He might be cheating on you. 

Kei: What?! 

Hirata: Kiyotaka wasn't that type of person. School probably has been pretty hard for him.