Prologue: A Chance

3rd POV

Horikita: This is ridiculous! I know for a fact that Ayanokouji cleared the threshold for the midterm

Horikita: This is ridiculous! I know for a fact that Ayanokouji cleared the threshold for the midterm. There's no way he bombed it by more than 20 points!

Hirata: Ayanokouji always gets above the average score

Hirata: Ayanokouji always gets above the average score. There has to be some way. Maybe he can take the test again. 

Ms. Chabashira: The results don't lie. And you can't pay for points since the disparity is too much. Kiyotaka Ayanokouji, you are to clean out your dorm and meet the Chairman in his office by the end of class, thank you.

A look of distain and tense anger fell the teacher, as her one tool for their class' success has went down in the drain. 

A majority of the class pleaded for a possibility, anything while a few students didn't much care such as Koenji and Shinohara. 

Sudo pounded his desk and a few classmates tried to calm him down.

Sudo: You and Horikita saved me last year and I can't even return the favor. Talk about fucking pathetic. 

And while all the chaos ensued in the classroom for such a shocking result, Kei sat in her seat, completely stunned. 

Just as quickly as their relationship was beginning to blossom, exterior forces have now rendered the possibility impossible. 

Ayanokouji: Alright.

As nonchalant as ever, Ayanokouji once again kept his poker face, accepting his fate. He already knew exactly what happened. He had calculated a 70 score on this midterm but instead, it was a 10, 20 points below the class' threshold. Something had been done to tamper with the results. 

Ayanokouji: (It looks like they chose the easy way out. With Mr. Sakayanagi gone, tampering with test results is a no-brainer and there are no traces I can get my hands on in the allocated time. My time here is over. It was interesting while it lasted.)

The rest of the class time was spent doing menial tasks until it ended soon after. 

Standing up and gathering his bag, Ayanokouji waived at his classmates and met eyes with Kei, who quietly had tears streaming down her eyes.