Chapter 13: The Second Selection

One after another, strikers entered the room to undertake the second selection. Eventually, everyone from Ayanokouji's team went through.

Chigiri: If that's what you want, Kiyotaka, then good luck. I hope we see each other on the other side.

Ayanokouji: Same here.

Now with the amount of strikers in the room dwindling, Shido walked over to Ayanokouji and towered over him.

Shido: Why didn't you go yet, Kiyo?

Ayanokouji: Don't call me by my first name. We're not friends. Just call me Ayanokouji.

Shido: Ok, Kiyo, hehehe.

Ayanokouji sighed.

Ayanokouji: In any case, to answer your question, I've decided to wait out the horde of strikers that are pushing to go next after Rin. If there was a time constraint, it would have been stated already.

Igarashi: Well, there aren't many strikers left here. I might as well give it a try.

Ayanokouji: Oh, you're still here?

Igarashi: Huh? How can you just forget a teammate like that?!

Ayanokouji: I wasn't paying attention.

Igarashi: Well, I'll see you on the other side, Ayanokouji. See ya!

He ran towards the door which opened and allowed him inside.

Ayanokouji: (I doubt if he'll survive.)

Shido: So you're going next, Kiyo?

Ayanokouji: Probably. Now's as good of a time as any.

Shido: This is pretty fucking annoying. Why can't we all just go in at once and get this over with. I'm itching for my release!

Ayanokouji: (So all the words in his vocabulary has to do with sexual innuendos? But forget that now. Looking at his body up close, he's amazing. A long frame but with little to no fat and all muscle. I'll need to see him in action to know exactly what his weapon is, however.)

Shido: So what made those eyes of yours explode?

Ayanokouji: What are you talking about?

Shido: When I bumped into you before the first selection, your eyes looked lifeless and boring. But now they look like they're about to explode into a big bang, hehehe. I'm curious, that's all.

Ayanokouji: Maybe if we go against each other in the second selection, I'll show you.

He smirked.

Shido: Oh, really? You crack me the fuck up. I really wanna see what it looks like when you're worked up, hehehe. I just love seeing things explode. That's what life is about, after all.

Ayanokouji: Then you'll have to meet me inside. Later.

Shido: Eh? You're going in already? Our conversation was just getting good.

He ignored his last retort and Ayanokouji finally entered through the door to finally undertake the first stage of the second selection.