Chapter 43: New Environment

3rd Person POV

...

Inside an empty room, lifeless and bleak, lay Rin, exhausted on his day-long escapades at enhancing his physical attributes. He looked at his nightstand, a clock showing the time: 7:00 am.

Rin: Ah... fuck...

In his attempt to bring himself back on his feet, Rin knocked over his TV remote, turning it on. The same channel from the night before played on the screen before him, ESPN. Fanfare from Japan's event reached social media and became international overnight. Complete no-names entered the professional football world and snatched a win against Japan's supposed rising stars. 

Tv personalities from all around, catching wind of such a story, started analyzing players' contributions, highlighting the stars of the match.

TV Personality #1: Kiyotaka is clearly the player to watch going forward. I got an inside guy saying a huge club is already making an offer for his services.

TV Personality #2: But didn't Isagi Yoichi score the final, decisive goal? 

TV Personality #1: It was only possible through Kiyotaka's playmaking. He accounted for 4 of the team's 5 goals. If anything, Ryusei Shido and Rin Itoshi had more impact on the match. Shido's Hatrick keeps getting overlooked and Itoshi Rin assisted Kiyotaka in his ball interception of Sae. 

TV Personality #2: I'll say this once and I'll say it again, the man with the biggest chance of changing Japanese soccer, is Isagi Yoichi. He's already proven to be critical down the stretch. Kiyotaka, Shido, and Rin have yet to do so. 

TV Personality #1: So Isagi's goal was a solo effort at the end? You're just talking out of your ass. Last I checked Itoshi Sae went up and acknowledged only a single player after the match ended. And that was Ayanokouji Kiyotak- 

*BLIP*

Not wanting to hear anymore, he turned the tv off and took off his shirt, still sweaty from the night before. 

Rin: (Just you wait, boring fuck. I'll take it all away and wipe you out of existence. You're mine.)

*BLIP*

Rin: Now what?

This time it was his phone...

After almost two weeks, idly training his life away in anticipation at meeting Kiyotaka again, the notice brought something out of him

After almost two weeks, idly training his life away in anticipation at meeting Kiyotaka again, the notice brought something out of him. Finally, finally... this is where he can snatch redemption. This is where he can seize his revenge.

His face, darkened by the lack of light peering inside, never looked more determined. 

Of course, the same news had different reactions among the rest of these up-and-coming stars.

In the streets of Shibuya's central district, Bachira, Chigiri and Nagi were hanging out together, all looking intently at their phones. 

Bachira: Oh! Hot damn!