Author's Note

I hope you enjoyed this book as much as I enjoyed writing it (I stayed up so late to finish it before the day of NEWTS) and I'm honestly so glad you're here. Of all, I enjoyed putting accurate details that were honestly so jaw dropping to me, I'm going back to read my own book.

Some things you may have missed (in order) while reading my book:

- Since the beginning, Gwen was supposed to purposely resemble Hermione Granger.

- Chapter "4: Another Year at Hogwarts" has an element of foreshadowing when the trio makes bets against each other on the train. Druella and Serenity's bet against each other and unfortunately--If you remember Druella's bet--by the end of the term, Druella was right. 

- Chapter "7: Her Suspicion and His Secret" reveals that her panic attacks from the beginning of the school year were not panic attacks, but the symptoms of the plague (obscurial) in her surfacing. 

- Chapter "46: Heartbeat" reveals a lilac rose sitting on Tom's desk, which happens to be the same preserved flower from their first time at a formal together from chapter "14: Jealousy".

- The loophole of the Curse of a Half-Life was the fact that she still carried the pieces of his love because of the relationship they had before she became an immortal.

- Chapter "55: The New Beginning" mentions that a piece of Theo lives in her life everywhere. That piece lives in Mattheo Riddle's name, considering Ted is not Theo's real son because he carried the curse of a half-life.

- "Epilogue: For All of Us" reveals Theo's study room, full of ancient scrolls of Obscurials and curses. All the years he spent alone, he spent it to find a cure for her.

- Theodore Nott the second's (Ted's) actions unravel the events of J.K. Rowlings's Harry Potter and the Cursed Child.

- The book begins with "The wait was over, it no longer burned" and ends with the exact same line only with, "even if it burned."

- She never calls him "Tom," typically only referring him as "Riddle" until she truly falls for him. The same behavior is seen from Tom.

- It's the same name trope between her and Theo. "Theodore" when she's absent from his life and "Theo" when they were closest. Seeing as he truly loved her, you'll notice how he doesn't refer to anything else.

- She compares Theo and her relationship about "waking up under the same stars," (chapter "23: Genesis of Grim") while she compares her and Tom being those star-crossed lovers (chapter "45: Bound to Collide"), ironically meant to resemble what their relationship was.

There are so many more details, I can't just give them all away--but feel free to mention some in the comments! I love reading them and I read every single one of them. 

I'd love to know what you were or weren't expecting, your overall output on the ending, from the good to bad and opinions on what you believe the trope was between the two relationships.

And most of all, I'm fascinated by how far my creative writing has improved since I published my first book. The connections and timeline makes so much sense, I can't even express how much research I did. I'm in disbelief that I spent two years on this book in the middle of a writer's block.

I especially want to give a BIG special thank you to those who supported me at the beginning of this journey (you know who you are) and don't forget to keep chasing your dreams.

Though remember, "It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live."

With much love from your author, riddlefiqs.

January 25th, 2024.