20. She Isn't Any Girl

My eyes opened as the sunrays slipped into our room. I turned around to see him sleeping peacefully holding me close to his arms. His lips curved into a smile and his wavy hair tossed into the prettiest mess I have ever seen. I suddenly realised I have never wanted anything more in my life.

~your someone.

______________________________________

Aryan's POV

My mind was creating a rhythm which belonged to its own small world. My hands mindlessly drifting with it to fabricate a soft cloth of musical notes. I'm nervous. It's funny to think I can be nervous too. My moto has always been "Being Confident Is The Key To Success." I didn't feel nervous on my first day of music college. I didn't feel nervous when I was given the dare to propose the most popular senior of our school (top secret: she had even agreed but I didn't tell anyone.) Hell I didn't feel nervous on my first audition. I didn't feel nervous when my first album was released. There's only one person in my life who can ever make me feel nervous. The only person who can pull the strings of my life in an orderless symphony and yet the music will flow to every tip of my nerves. The only person who's smile can light up the darkest of my days.

"Aryan? The concert starts in 20 minutes. Are you ready? You look nervous." Mihir asked peaking into the room. He is the guitarist of our group and we have been the best buds since freshman year. If he starts playing once he won't stop until a girl comes and asks him for his number. He has always been wild but I'm not the one to complain, we are inseparable nonetheless.

"All ready! Aryan's dictionary -"

"Doesn't have the word nervous I know. No more time for catchphrases. Come out quickly." He said pulling me out of the little date between me and the piano.

"Fine fine! Let me fix my hair atleast." I said walking towards the makeup room. I wanted to look the best today. For her.

"Where is my Aryan? Where did you hide him? Bring him back. He didn't do touch ups, he simply goes on the stage and beguiles the entire audience with his undeniable charm." He said dramatically moving his hands in the air.

"Look at you, speaking fancy words like "beguiles" in a day, the English major girl left an effect on you huh." I said changing the topic as the makeup artist fixed my hair.

"What can I say, it's just music and girls that can have an effect on me." He said leaning on the wall with his classic "Mihir Smirk".

"And done sir!" The makeup artist said stepping back.

"Thank you Liya. I look good right?" I asked glancing myself in the mirror. I have worn a pair of black linen pants, a black turtle neck and a poly viscose blazer, all from Jack and Jones. A small silver ring dangling from my left ears with a wristwatch to complete the look.

"Sir you always look perfect. She will love it. All the best!" She said winking at me. Liya is a freshman in our college. Since the day I saved her from the annoying bullies she has become my little sister. She is the only one except Bhai who knows the entire plan.

"Is this some personal joke I'm unaware of?" Mihir asked raising his eyebrows.

"Abhi late nahi ho raha tujhe? Chal jaldi!" I said shoving him out of the room which is right behind the stage.

Inaya's POV

Roop, Naira, Rehaan and Yash went ahead in one car as Abhinash hadn't arrived yet. Ishika is still upstairs when the bell rang.

Is he mad at me? I have neglected our relationship evidently amidst my recovery and a month or two later I realise I don't remember him proposing me, what can be worse?