12. The Hate Phase

Have you ever felt jealous? It's the most humanly feeling ever when there's a tingling sensation under your skin to crave something you don't have. I hope you are working towards deserving to be jealous,towards deserving to be owning your dreams.

~your someone

______________________________________

PAST...

Inaya's POV

"Tune maths test ke liye padh liya?"
[Did you study for the maths test?] Aditi asked as we walked through the corridors towards our next class.

"Yesss! All ready!" I said excitedly grinning because why not? Maths is my favourite.

"Look at you. People get happy when tests are cancelled and this idiot gets happy when there's a test." Aditi said playfully rolling her eyes and smacking my head slightly.

"Last exam hai yaar! Uske baad toh finals and fir 11th khatam. I deserve some excitement. Ab chal ma'am aane waali hongi." I dragged her into the class.
[It's the last exam yaar. After finals 11th gets over. I deserve some excitement. Now let's go ma'am must have arrived]

As we reached the entrance each living nerve within me felt the attention,his attention. His aura has always been the deadliest gravitational pull defying all laws of physics I have read till date.

I turned my head as he was already looking at me or I should say into me.

Abhinash Malhotra. The all rounder of our school. I wonder if there's a field he isn't good at. I was upgraded from my junior class 2 years ago due to my excellent grades and therefore I joined high school earlier than my other friends. But I didn't know I was going to face a storm. A storm so silent you wouldn't realise the expanse of destruction.

As far as I know he had gone through a deep childhood trauma which explains his silence but it doesn't explain his hate towards me.

Ignoring his piercing gaze we walked into the class and took our seats in one of the front rows so my back faces him now.

"Inaya are you sure you haven't provoked Abhi or did something wrong?" Aditi whispered into my ears because she is as confused as me.

"Maybe he's holding onto the last maths test when I scored a 99 and he got a 98. I don't know." I whispered back.

"Might be the reason. He never likes being second." She said looking back at him and her looks were certainly not casual. I know she likes him. Actually...who doesn't? Abhinash is the hearthrob of the school. He's born to lead, not my words but there's. To be honest, he is attractive, as attractive as the depth of Pacific Ocean but good for me because I don't like oceans.

Stop Inaya! Focus on the test!

As I was looking towards the entrance for the teacher's arrival a slight sir brushed against me.

"I won't let you win sweetheart." A husky voice whispered from the back. A shiver ran down my spine. I looked back and my breath hitched to find him inches apart from my face. His eyes pierced into my soul like tiny prickles poking every bit of my skin.

"And you think I will let you win? In your dreams and stop calling me sweetheart!" I said to not sound scared of his intimidation.

"We will see love!" He said and swiftly went back to his seat. How dare he call me love! And how couldn't I reply to that arsehole! Arghhh!

"That was hot!" Aditi whispered as I turned back to see her smirking and I understood what she was referring to.

As I went to reply ma'am came with the papers and the remaining hustle in the class died down.