11. My brother!

I know you feel tired and fed up sometimes. You want to just give up everything, curl up around your favourite pillow and escape into your imagination. We all do. But never let your comfort take over your hunger to win because that's what makes you human. Fight for what you want and own it because you deserve it.

~your someone♡

Abhinash's POV

"Just a right turn and we will be there." She said all excited to reach the spot. The route seems oddly familiar. I feel we both are leading to the same place in our minds.

"And there it is! Don't get down!" She said leapt out of the car before it even came to halt. This is the same place we used to visit after school. The place where I slowly made her fall in love with my all time favourite dish and maybe a little with me too.

She reached by my side of the car in a blink. She opened my door, knelt down to my level and extended her hand for me.

"I wanted to do this for someone since so long. Now come on! Don't let your date wait. It's bad Dr. Malhotra!" She said.

"So am I getting the privilege of gentlewomen treatment now?" I asked resting my hand on hers as we proceeded towards the shop.

"Call me whatever you want but since the day I have discovered this place two years ago I'm already in love with their food. Today I will give you the privilege to taste my favourite." She said holding onto my arm with her hands as we reached the place.

"Namaste uncle! Kaise hain aap?" She asked cheerfully and I have never seen her smiling so brightly in a long time.
[Namaste uncle! How are you?]

"Hum badhiya Hain beta! Lagta hai tum aaj apne dost ko sath laayi ho!" Uncle said giving me a knowing look and I returned it with an assuring smile.
[ I'm doing good dear. Seems like you brought a friend of yours today!]

"Hnn uncle! Yeh Abhinash hai. Abhinash this person in front of you is the best cook in the world." She said turning to me.
[Yes uncle this is Abhinash and Abhinash this person infront of you is the best cook in the world.]

"Namaste uncle!" I said turning to him and he nodded with a smile.

"Yeh ladki jab bhi yahan aati hai sabko yahi bolti rehti hai." He said chuckling while keeping his hand on his head.
[This girl! Whenever she comes here she keeps ranting the same lines to everyone.]

"Sach hi toh bolti hun main. Chaliye do plate chhole bhature laga dijiye uncle." That's what I was waiting to hear. She remembers! She remembers our favourites! I will have to look at her medical reports later. I'm afraid there are chances of her recalling everything.
[I only speak the truth. Please serve 2 plates of chhole bhature uncle.]

"10 min lagega. Jao tum dono wahan beth jao." He said turning back to his work.
[It will be served in 10 minutes. Go and take your seat.]

"Chalein?" She asked.
[Shall we go?]

"Aapke pehle." I said leading my hands towards the seat.
[After you]

She went ahead of me and pulled out the chair for me to sit.

"So am I getting the princess treatment now?"

"No! You are getting the king treatment Mr. Malhotra. And I'm being selfish here because I love to see you blush everytime I do something sweet for you." She said sitting on her chair and oh lord am I blushing? What am I? A 16 year highschooler?

"I'm not blushing!" I said almost revolting.

"Keep telling yourself that but I'm never wrong." She said flipping her hair back. I chuckled at her behaviour.