Eye spy an evil corporation

𝚃𝚑𝚒𝚜 𝚒𝚜 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚕𝚊𝚜𝚝 𝚙𝚊𝚐𝚎 𝚘𝚏 𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 9 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚒 𝚑𝚘𝚙𝚎 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚎𝚗𝚓𝚘𝚢! ❀✨
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

We drove into the city and as soon as we did you could hear road sounds. The sounds of cars honking and constructing go on on the roads. I could smell a mix of smoke and pee which might just be disgusting.

I rolled my window back up looking back in front of us. "How much longer?" I asked Jaiden. We had gotten caught in traffic luckily we expected this to happen which is why we left a lot earlier than planned.

The cars in front of us seemed to go on for miles. And all the other drivers definitely were just as upset about it as us too, honking their horns at each other one after another. Finally the cars started to move on and we were driving at a much faster pace than before.

After about 45 minutes we had made it to the CVC building. "Woah, now if that isn't a villain base?" Spencer said, looking up at the building in front of us. Jaiden pulled over to the side of the road to let us out.

CVC's building was super tall, about 300 feet up in the air. It toppled most of the other buildings around it. It was covered with blue-tinted windows that glared in the sunlight. It looked like an average office building except for the fact it isn't.

"Have a nice day kids, don't get into too much trouble," Jaiden said, unlocking the doors. Spencer and I stepped out of the car onto the sidewalk. "Don't worry, I'm honestly trying to stay under the radar," I replied.

"See you guys when we get back,'' Spencer said, waving back to Kritztzi and Jaiden. "Don't have too much fun without us," She said with excitement.

The car drove away as me and Spencer made our way to the building. There was a giant patch of grass in front, kind of like a park. There were people at lunch tables eating lunch and people walking their dogs, and then not picking up their droppings.

We made it to the doors and we stopped in front of the giant revolving door. We both placed in our earpieces and put on our game faces. I had to get into character and pretend to be Taylah again, meanwhile Spencer gets to be himself. Or at least himself with no knowledge of what's going on here. For all we both know this place just helps make cures for people and isn't an evil corporation trying to take us out.

We walked inside and we were ambushed by sounds of people chatting and wandering around the building. "Welcome to Cobra Venom Corporation where it all starts with you," I looked up to see a giant monitor projecting a greeting. It repeated over and over again every time somebody walked in. "I don't know how they do it," Spencer said, commenting on the repeating greeting over and over again.

"Okay it might be tedious but I have a feeling that it'll soon become background noise," And it did as we walked further inside the sounds got swallowed up by people roaming around.

You could hear the food court, tour guides, and the cash registers clicking the food court. "If it isn't my two favorite students," We heard a cheerful middle-aged woman. "Oh hello, Miss Coles" We turned around to greet her.

"I didn't know that you'd be joining us for our internship?" Spencer said, scratching the back of his head awkwardly. With Miss Coles being here with us she might intervene with the mission and get in the way.

"I just wanted to congratulate you and see you both, I won't be staying the whole internship. I'll just be here today to see how you do. Don't worry though I won't be in your way killing your guy's vibe, I'll just be around somewhere, probably the food court." She insured. Miss Coles then reached into her purse on her hip and started searching around. You could hear the sound of her belongings getting moved around inside.

"Found them!"' she said, pulling something out. "Found what exactly?" I asked. She then handed both Spencer and me key cards. "These are your credentials to your assigned labs," She informed, adjusting her purse back onto her shoulder. " more like one to a lab and the other to daycare," Spencer said under his breath. "What was that?" She asked, not understanding Spencer.

"Oh nothing, Spencer was just saying how excited he is but we better get going, wouldn't want to make a bad first impression," I said, trying to end this conversation. "Taylah right, will catch up with you later." Spencer agreed, we said our goodbyes and she headed off into the food court.

"Well someone's pretty persistent," Spencer said suspiciously as we watched Miss Coles walk away. "I'll get Dion to do a background check on her, dropping in on our internship was really weird," I said, I took out my phone and checked the phone.

"It's 7:00 am we better get to our destinations," I warned. "Alright, be safe, I'll check in with you during lunch," Spencer said before we split up.

I made my way further into the building when I found an elevator. I clicked the button and listened as the elevator shaft came down. The door opened and I stepped in. The elevator was about to close when some stepped in front and slid their hand between the doors.

I made space for them when 5 more people squeezed in. The elevator is jammed packed with scientists in lab coats. The elevator sounded like it struggled to bring us all up. That's when I knew it was about to be a long day, and it had just started.
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
<975> 𝔀𝓸𝓻𝓭𝓼✯