Deadly vapors

𝙸 𝚜𝚘𝚛𝚛𝚢 𝚏𝚘𝚛 𝚗𝚘𝚝 𝚙𝚘𝚜𝚝𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚏𝚘𝚛 𝚜𝚘 𝚘𝚗 𝚒𝚟𝚎 𝚋𝚎𝚎𝚗 𝚛𝚞𝚗𝚗𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚘𝚞𝚝 𝚘𝚏 𝚒𝚍𝚎𝚊𝚜 𝚜𝚘 𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚜 𝚒𝚜 𝚊 𝚙𝚛𝚎𝚝𝚝𝚢 𝚜𝚑𝚘𝚛𝚝 𝚙𝚊𝚐𝚎.
・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・

Spencer and I found a picnic table near a little garden. It was blocked off to the train of sight of the people coming in and out of the building. It was by a giant tree covering us from the bright sun beaming down on us.

There were bumble bees flying around the tiny flowers that were scattered around. The silent sounds of kids playing around in the grass picking sticks off of the tree branches. Their giggles could be heard as they chased each other around.

"so, let's start with the bugs Dion asked us to place around, have you found somewhere for all of them yet?" Spencer said, opening up his backpack and grabbing his lunch. We both grabbed two Gogurt tubes and apples for lunch. He opened mine and handed it over to me. I sipped some out of the tube and continued the conversation.

"yeah, I placed all the bugs in Isaiah's office, he's my mentor," I answered, opening my apple slices. "I was looking around when I found some files inside of a filing cabinet. I took some pictures of all of them and placed them back where they were. I was going to hurry up and place the bug then book it out of there until he walked in and I hid under the desk." I explained, Spencer attentively listened as he finished his yogurt.

"Can I see some of them?" he asked. I took out my phone and scrolled through my camera roll looking for the pictures. it occurred to me that I never actually looked at the files, I guess since I was in a rush instead of reading them I took pictures for later.

I handed Spencer the phone and he skimmed through the photos. his eyes squinted in confusion looking at one file in particular.

"What is it, you've been looking at it for a while," I said standing up from the seat and leaning over the picnic table to see what he was looking at. "It seems like someone is practicing with the water cycle, these are plans for turning snake venom into a deadly gas..." he said, whilst reading the rest of the text. "But why? What does turning liquid venom into a gas do for them?" I asked, outlaid.

Yes, snake venom could be inhaled but it only can help with a snake bite if inserted into one who's been bitten veins. turning it into venom can't help people's lives but take them.

"Making it into a vapor could kill anyone in its perimeter making them have a slow and painful death," Spencer explained, Spencer and I tried to piece together some reason for this. What is their giant diabolical plan this time, and what does the vapor have to do with it? We sat for a while trying to put the pieces together when we decided to focus on something else.

"how did things go with you and the kid, they seem to like you," I changed the subject, Spencer breaking out of his train of thought now paying attention to me. "oh yeah, the kids and I get along great there, it's really sweet. I taught them a lot and they seemed to enjoy learning about the animals and their habitats." he said, smiling thinking back to past events. Spencer seemed to be really good with kids, I mean he's amazing with his little sister, and overall all has a lot of patience.

"That's great, but anything helpful to the mission though," I asked sarcastically, Spencer chuckled and continued to tell me about the rest of the events that had taken place with him. "not much has really happened, my day has been nowhere near as exciting as yours," he finished off. "exciting isn't the right word. I'd say hectic, scary, dangerous, unorganized," I joked.

We both grabbed our empty lunch containers and threw them away in the trash. "We still have about 10 minutes left," Spencer said, checking his phone. "Well, I guess we have time to walk around and scope out the area," I said, waving to him to follow me. "Alright then, let's go..."

<715> 𝔀𝓸𝓻𝓭𝓼🤍❀