times ticking

𝙸 𝚝𝚘𝚘𝚔 𝚊 𝚝𝚛𝚒𝚙 𝚝𝚘 𝙿𝚑𝚒𝚕𝚊𝚍𝚎𝚕𝚙𝚑𝚒𝚊 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚠𝚛𝚘𝚝𝚎 𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚜 𝚘𝚗 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚛𝚘𝚊𝚍 𝚝𝚛𝚒𝚙. 𝙸 𝚑𝚘𝚙𝚎 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚕𝚒𝚔𝚎 𝚒𝚝! ✨ also 𝚁𝚊𝚌𝚑𝚎𝚕'𝚜 𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚛𝚊𝚌𝚝𝚎𝚛! 😌♥
---------------------------------------------------------

We all walked out of the elevator as we merged into the crowd. We could hear the sound of people talking and the airport speaker announcing the current flights. "Attention passengers, we would like to inform you that terminal "B7" will be taking off shortly"

We walked up to a lady checking tickets. We gave her ours. Then we continued walking down the path to our plane. all with mixed emotions but we all knew that we didn't have much of a choice and this was the only option.

"Maryland here we come," Kritz said, clearly excited that soon we would be going to her hometown. meanwhile, I was the complete opposite. my life was falling apart, I had to leave my home, my mom, and every memory I've ever made in New York. "Yeah, Maryland here we come," I said under my breath trying to match Kritz energy.

meanwhile, Dion was scoping the area. we walked onto the plane and started looking for our seats. we went to economy trying to search for our seats. do any of you guys see it?" asked Dion as he searched for it.

"Over here" I heard a voice say. It was kritztzi." but what is that?" Dion said walking up behind Kritztzi. "It looks like a note, it was here when I got here," she said as she picked up the letter.

"Looks like it's addressed to me," I said, grabbing the letter. and sure, enough it said my name on it. I was in complete disbelief, and I carefully opened it.

"Would you kids move it!?" a man with a child said. that when we came back to reality and remembered that we were blocking the aisle of the plane. so, we went into the seats to no longer continue holding people up. I sat by the window with Kritz to my right leaving Dion on the edge seat. my heart started pumping and I got a shot of adrenaline as I read the letter.

Dear, Izeke Owani Kahale

I hope you haven't forgotten what I've told you. I'm getting tired of waiting for you to make up your mind so just to let you know I'm the one calling the shots here I'm writing this letter. I've seen your way to Maryland. Visiting an old friend, are we? Just so you know, no matter how many people you gather up or how many of my missions you seem to screw up I will always be 6 steps ahead. With that being said I want you to know that we're planning something and it's big. I will not be telling you until I know for sure you are ready to be one of us. I won't be telling you what it is. but trust me when I say Owani you are clueless and will never see this coming. With love from your good old friends at CVC.                                                                                                    

                                                                                                                              ~S. W             

great not only is the deadline closing in, but they know where we're going. we can't change course so now we will have to continue on. find Rachel and fall through with Dion's plan. The worst thing was that he was right. I had no idea what they were up to. Everyone on our team had a purpose and I was supposed to see this kind of stuff coming. I always lived for adventure and mystery and the best thing was I was good at it so now it just hurts. but I wasn't going to let anyone know that because I had to be strong for the rest of the team. I didn't have to give in to emotions. so, I didn't and pretended. I faked that everything was okay in hopes that it would be.

"How long is this flight?" I asked Dion, "We need to get off this plane and to Rachel. "It said this was a 1 hour and 30-minute flight," he said. and that was going to be the longest hour and a half of my life. "Attention passengers, we are taking off. please buckle up your seat belt and get ready for turbulence at this time, thank you. just like that, we took off now to find Rachel...

1h 30 minutes later...

"Attention passenger, you may take off your seat belt and get off the plane. you may pick up your luggage shortly. enjoy the rest of your day." we all didn't wait to get off the plane once we heard those words we walked off and headed to a shuttle. we had no luggage just Jasper, so we picked him up a caught a ride.

when we got to the shuttle, we sat in the back to try to keep a low profile. while we were on the way to a bus stop Dion went over our plan. "When we get to Rachels, I'm going to need to go over your cover story, meaning you need to act like your character." He was right once I got to Maryland I had to act like a whole other person.

The only time I couldn't be in character was going to be when I was in Rachel's house. "How are we going to keep track of how Owanis doing when she's not with us?" Kritztzi said. and the was a good point with CVC knowing where I was.

"Well, kritztzi, I already had that planned out," Dion said clearly annoyed the kritztzi was questioning him. Dions always hated when people thought he didn't know what he was doing so he made sure to almost always have a plan.

"We're going to give her an earpiece to wear so we can hear everything going on around her," Dion said proudly. and after that, I stopped listening to what they were saying because I was lost in my thoughts.

because for once in my life I didn't know what I was doing. I heard Dion's plan, and I understood it. but the thing was it wasn't my plan. and the truth was I didn't have a plan and that never happens. what if I just become dead weight there's nothing special, I can do for the team.

and what If they realize they no longer need me? I can't go back to being a normal kid and I can't lose my team. truth was what if I'm nothing without them? that's when I felt a tap on my shoulder. it was kritztzi.

That's when I snapped back and realized the shuttle stopped. I hopped out of my seat with Jasper to my side. We all walked out of the shuttle when I saw a familiar road: it was the road leading to Rachel's house. It was lightly raining as we walked along the road. We walked past all the brick houses.

Everything brought back memories of me and Rachel walking past, and occasionally Dion when he came to visit. Every brick house had trees; one house even had a tire swing. It was the swing I would sit on all the time and read while Dion and Rachel played games and ran around me.

We walked across the streets where I could see more of it. Rachel lived in the city so there were big lights, metros, and people everywhere.

We took another turn to another brick house, this one with stairs leading to the front. There were plants and vines everywhere. There was a welcome mat up front and through the nicely lightened windows you could see a kitchen with someone cooking. and in the living room, the TV was on.

We walked up to the door where I hesitantly knocked on the door. "Coming!" a female voice said. A few seconds later a girl opened up the door. She was wearing mom jeans with a white sweater. She had curly brown hair with one braid in the front with beads.

She smiled happily at us and hugged me. "I'm so happy to see you again," she said that happy angelic warm girl was a person I knew. She was Rachel Smith.

<1368> words♥