[97] Give Her Another Chance...?

Start from the beginning

"Immortal Venerable Over Heavens," I said, gently pointing at the sky, which made her eyes narrow.

"Hmmm," she covered her face with her sleeves and frowned in thought. That kind of gesture seemed to be a habit of hers, but it just looked silly, and somewhat cute too, in this little body she inhabited.

"You wouldn't recognize the name. He has rarely shown his face to the world; I wouldn't be surprised if he used other names while doing so." I said to ease her worry. "Regardless, from what I can tell, he does not wish harm to Shinto. You can rest easy."

"If you say so," she nodded. "In truth, I've been wondering about this for years now. Decades, to be specific. But the reason I've only reached out to you today is-"

"Ai Hoshino?"

"Ai Hoshino." She agreed. She hesitated and then spoke, "Haah. Yatagarasu is more about riddles when guiding people, but I can't help but be direct. I suggest you go back to her. Nothing will work out, and nothing will end well if you abandon her."

I knew why she was here. In the original Oshi-No-Ko timeline, this white-haired kid would pop out to help the main cast with their problems. Now was a good time of any in this particular timeline.

"She abandoned me, I got kicked out."

"Stop being stubborn, you abandoned her. How in the world can she ever abandon an entity like you?" She scowled. "Even if I believe you're not a million-year-old soul, you are still one of the strongest morals in this realm. On top of that, your stacked-up age is more than hers. She's just 31. You should be closer to 50 by now."

I yawned and stretched my arms at those words, quite deliberately too as her frown deepened. "And why should I care? It's not my problem if things don't work out or end well for Shinto." I said.

"I don't mean Shinto... I mean you, your sister, and your mother." She specified.

I let out a snicker, "You're saying things will get worse than this between us?"

"Death," she looked into my eyes.

"They wouldn't kill themselves."

"I didn't say suicide. Murder."

"There is not one entity in this entire realm who can harm them so long as I breathe."

Her frown melted and she smiled. "That is quite an arrogant thing to say. It's almost like challenging the authority of us Gods and asking us to prove you wrong. I can't help but find that claim of yours funny."

"That's because you don't have any idea who you are talking to, puny god." I grabbed empty air and she was yanked toward me by the wind, as I held her by her collar over the table. "You talk too much for a mere planetary deity. I can wash the floor with you and your pantheon if I just so wish."

She didn't let her smile drop, opening her mouth, just as a voice came from outside the Bubble of Silence.

"Um? Aqua? Who's that-?" Shoko asked as she looked at me holding a child by the collar.

"Supreme Deity of Shinto, Amaterasu." I said after snapping the Bubble with a burst of my Qi so that she could hear. "Go back to your room, I'll explain later."

"...Alright." She looked confused, but still agreed and went back inside.

I put Amaterasu back on her chair and took my seat too, as she erected the bubble back up. "She's a nice child."

"Explain what you meant. Who could threaten their lives when I exist?" I asked.

"While I admit you're strong, and you don't stay in that house anymore. There is a... certain God that is after your mother's life. You have been the only reason they have stayed away, your complex and potentially dangerous soul makes them cautious. But now that things have grown sour between you and your mother, and you have cut ties with each other, that person will take this chance to-"