8✔️

Loud murmurs filled the council house as they said...

'Oh my God, what have they done to her?'

'Her face is ruined'.

'Poor child'.

'How cruel can they be to a small child?'

"Miss Taehyung, can you tell us the truth and what happened to your face?"the councilman asked her, completely in shock at her appearance. Her face was very bruised and swollen. Her eyes said she lacked sleep and her trembling figure showed she was tired and weak.

As soon as he asked about her face, she then realized that her face was exposed. She looked over to her father and she hid her face from his deathly glare.

"I... I... Ummm" she tried to talk but she kept stuttering. Her father got annoyed by this because he knew with time, he and Mr Jaywon will be exposed. He abruptly stood up and said,"nothing happened to her so just end this stupid case".

Head councilman who had been silent for while stared at her then turned to Mr Kim asking,"nothing? Did you just say nothing happened to her? Then how do explain what happened to her face?"

"This stupid girl must have fallen down the stairs or something while she was taking care of Mr Jaywon"Mr Kim said angrily.

"I don't believe you"the second councilman suddenly said for the second time since the trial.

Mrs Kim couldn't help but explode in anger asking,"why the fuck do you not believe him you old fart? She's just a slimy slut who hurts herself just to get attention".

"Watch your tone, Mrs Kim" the head councilman said, snapping at her. He then turned to Tae who was visibly shaking in fear at what would be her fate after the trial. Unknown to her, her life will take a drastic turn.

"Look at me my dear. Look into my eyes" the head councilman said to Tae softly with kindness in his eyes and she looked at him."Listen to me carefully my child"he said and Tae nodded softly.

"I don't have a child of my own. I have been married to my wife for 35 years but I never had a child with her. Not because she can't conceive or that I have a problem but because it's not yet our time. But I'll have you know that I am not angry or sad with God. Do you know why?"the Head councilman asked her softly. Tae shook her head.

"It's because of you and every other child in this village. Whether it's a new born, toddler, teenage or a youth like you, I consider all of you as my children and can't be more happy. So, I'll be damned if anyone tries to hurt my child and I do nothing about it". Hearing this tears trickled down from tae's eyes like a water fountain. She saw the love and care of a father for her in his eyes.

While all this was happening, Jungkook was still standing, looking at her. He had the urge to go to her and hug her, hiding her from the evil world.

"Do you believe I can protect you, my child?"he asked and subconsciously Tae nodded her head."Good. Now, tell me everything that had happened and take your time".

Tae took a deep shaky breath and started explaining everything that happened. Though she forgot to mention Jungkook and Jimin name. She just said 'two men'.

The entire council house was as quiet as graveyard when she was done. Her parents, her sister and Jaywon were extremely embarrassed and humiliated.

Jungkook and Jimin couldn't believe their ears. Especially Jungkook. He was beyond furious at Mr Kim for doing that to his Bambi.

"You sold your young daughter to an old man, just because of your greed. For your crappy business?? Are you insane!!??" Jungkook for the first time in the court, yelled in anger. He had a very hot glared on his face that could make anyone tremble.