fireflies. - chapter 15

2/1/2019 - The Final Two Episodes.

EXITor Interviews - 65th Placer.

...

"Well, honestly... I never found Match that needy, she was just... over the top at times!" Pencil laughed nervously, scratching her head and looking to the side away from the huge and intimidatingly high-tech camera that was peering right back at her, a reminder that she was, in fact, still in a reality show. That she still couldn't speak her mind.

"Why do you always push everyone else away, including Match? Are you like... nervous, upset, timid?" The green number asked with an interested look on their face as they adjusted the camera to zoom into Pencil and closely capture her facial expressions during the interview.

"W-Why are you asking me all these weird questions like you know me?!" Pencil nervously stuttered, furrowing her eyebrows as she backed away defensively.

"It's so that us, me, Four and X can get a better view of you and the rest of the contestants' personalities! It helps... individualise you and it sets you apart from the others, ya'know!" Two cheekily winked, clicking their fingers as they let out a friendly laugh only to be returned with a tense silence from Pencil.

"Okay..." She sighed, not wanting to drag the interview along any further than it was already.

"Marvellous, anyways let's give you a different question!" Two smiled, adjusting the camera a bit more so it could focus onto Pencil properly.

Pencil stayed silent, holding her hands together nervously as she began to expect the worst out of Two's next question.

"Do you think that throughout your time on BFDI through to BFB, you've made any friends? Excluding the alliance or the ones you talked to in the EXIT."

"I... well..." Pencil stammered, a little embarrassed.

If she really thought about it...

Always argued with Match outside competitions.

She belittled Book and Ice Cube.

Hurt Bubble and Ruby.

Pester Liy in the EXIT.

Tease Bracelety.

Push away Leafy.

And yell at anyone else that tried to ever come near her...

Especially...

"No. I didn't..." She uttered quietly, tearing up a little at the thought.

Out of all 64 contestants. And you've only ever became friends with about 5 excluding Match? How pathetic!

"Why do you think that is Pencil?" Two asked, becoming increasingly interested in the topic.

"Um..." Pencil stuttered again, her voice shaky and sore as she nervously wiped the tears that were slowly trailing down her face.

"I think I've been kinda... hostile towards others... I-IT'S NOT MY FAULT THOUGH, I SWEAR! I just act like that for the... competition, yeah! I really wish I could befriend more contestants on this show, but I'm just so scared they still see me as a mean person."

Two nodded understandingly, grabbing a notepad as they wrote some unintelligible words onto the paper.

"I get that! So... anyways, I have one more question for you! It's a little complicated but try to answer it to the best of your ability, ok?"