that's a great idea. - chapter 1

The sun beamed down on the road, illuminating everything in its warm glow. The sky above was a clear, vivid blue, not a cloud in sight. It was a peaceful and quiet street, the only sounds being occasional chatter from the birds. Everything was at peace... That was until the serenity was abruptly shattered as a large, red bus thundered down the road, followed by the stamping and heavy breathing of a Golf Ball. Startled by the sudden commotion, the birds took flight in a flurry of wings, their peaceful coexistence momentarily interrupted.

"WAIT UP! WAIT UP!" Golf Ball huffed, running as fast as she could.

Golf Ball's voice echoed through the street, her frantic plea cutting through the air. Her legs pumped with determination as she chased after the departing bus, her breaths coming in short gasps. She had to catch up, had to board that bus before it disappeared from sight.

To her luck, the bus halted at a nearby stop, giving her enough time to catch up and board on.

"Finally..", GB huffed as she got on the bus, still panting from all the running earlier.

She climbed onto a seat, her heart thumping from all the running earlier. Golf Ball let out a sigh of relief and stared at the view from outside the window. She felt herself unwind and zone out as she stared at the luscious, evergreen trees blowing softly in the wind, the newly growing petals blossoming from the leaves. She then directed her vision toward the houses. She couldn't really capture the precise details, but she admired how beautifully sculpted they were, how it took time to build... As Golf Ball was zoned out, her phone suddenly vibrated, making her heart jump.

Who could possibly be texting me right now? She pondered, grabbing her phone to look at the sudden notification.

TENNIS BALL: Come to the Grasslands ASAP!

Golf Ball rolled her eyes and let out a slight chuckle. Of course it was TB. He was always sending her messages at the most unexpected times...

YOU: Okay.

She sighed once again and stared back at the window to pass the time.

...

"The Grasslands".

That must be my stop... Golf Ball thought to herself as she stood up and headed towards the door.

GB headed towards the door, humming to herself in boredom, while not paying attention to her surroundings.

She was walking calmly until suddenly...

THUD

GB bashed into someone, causing them both to tumble face first onto the floor.

"Ouch..." She groaned while regaining her composure.

As she pushed herself up from the ground she scoffed, frustrated.

"Hey, watch it next time!" She yelled angrily without second thoughts, not even taking a look at the person she bumped into.

"Excuse me...?" The person said with such grace and etiquette that Golf Ball felt her mouth forcefully shut.

As the person turned around, GB couldn't help but stare. The girl was a tall, brown makeup brush, her bristles a soft, dark grey colour with a slight pink ombré on the tips.

GB felt such familiarity looking into her eyes. She remembered this girl from somewhere but she just couldn't put her finger on it.

"Um... are you just gonna stand there...?" The girl said, snapping GB out of her trance.

GB suddenly felt flushed with embarrassment.

"Oh! Uh... I..."

Blushing, she hurriedly ran off of the bus without turning back.