hopeful. - chapter 14

"How's your leg now?"

Golf Ball silently turned towards her two former teammates, a slight smile cracking through her usually tough and bossy persona.

"It's okay I guess..." She murmured to 8-Ball, her vision slowly shifting to Grassy who was standing next to him, before turning back to the barren red wall on her left.

"Yay! Grassy's always helpful!" The innocent piece of grass raised his arms in the air, giving a childlike smile to the both of them as his grass blades swished around excitedly.

"Guess you are this time, aren't you Grassy?" Golf Ball smiled slightly, uncomfortably moving her injured leg as she tried to adjust to her new cast.

Golf Ball's eyes darted across the room, her head slightly aching as she got back on her feet for the first time since her violent altercation with Fries. Her body wobbled, her legs shaking and quivering as she attempted to walk.

"O-Okay, I can do this..." She trembled, quivering as she began to take her first step forward.

"You're so smart, I know you can manage GB!"

That voice. That familiar voice...

Him...

Golf Ball's eyes widened, a tear dripping down her face as she felt a wave of shock through her body thinking about him once more. She let out a shriek, her legs shaking before suddenly bending, causing her to tumble onto the ground in a loud thud.

"Maybe you need to practise walking..." 8-Ball sighed, shaking his head as Grassy frowned.

...

...

HOPEFUL - CHAPTER 14.

3 HOURS BEFORE.

The lavish hotel was fairly silent this morning. Of course, as a sparsely populated town in middle of nowhere, Rosemead shall always be quiet during the morning. But today... was different. The silence deafened, especially in the foodhall. Just the dull scratching of forks and clanking of plates so oddly quiet you could use the time to think about your life choices.

"Think I will..." A familiar lightbulb sighed, leaning her cheek onto her palm as she fiddled with the spoon in her other hand.

Ever since their gameshow had abruptly cancelled by MePhone 4, Lightbulb had found herself with no other choice but to stay at a hotel for the time being, and for now, this had almost became like a second home to her.

She yawned, taking in the depressing silence as she slouched onto the table. Suddenly, though, a loud scream broke their long streak of ambience.

"GET OFF ME!" A blue and blood-covered lightswitch yelled as loud as possible as she was being dragged through the hotel by police.

"Keep dreaming." They coldly uttered to her as she let out a worried cry.

"I DIDN'T ANYTHING I SWEAR, S-SHE AMBUSHED US!" Liy cried out, her eyes glistening with tears as she tried her best to wriggle free of the somewhat strong hold of the police officers.

"Oh yeah Liy? Explain the 'L-I" written on the wall with blood then." Another cop snapped as Liy began to look around the hall.

"SHE'S RIGHT FUCKING THERE! I REMEMBER HER!" Liy yelled, locking eyes with the unsuspecting Lightbulb as she turned to them with a worried look on her face.

The police officers stopped, shooting Liy a dark stare before dropping her on the ground and running towards Lightbulb who froze in fear.

"GET ON THE GROUND!" One of the cops yelled, pouncing onto Lightbulb before the two toppled onto the ground.