stapy.

The moment I entered that bedroom, I couldn't feel anything. I felt as if I lost my train of thought. I don't know what's right or wrong anymore. I can barely feel myself anymore. I feel unstable... without him.

...

Do you know what it's like to have a best friend...? Not just someone who comes and goes, not just someone who's a mutual, a real connection. Such a strong connection that it was as if fate had bound us together. Soulmates? That was him.

Our beginnings were odd. It's not like what you think, we weren't friends since we were babies or something like that. We met when we were both 5, at school. I still remember quite vividly, I was playing with legos building a house or something, and then he walked past me, and then I felt my world glisten.

"Your house looks so cool, can I help?" Were the first words he ever said to me.

It's quite insignificant, I know. But to me, it felt amazing. Because you see, I, as a single child was always by myself, even at school. I never had friends. I used to watch all the other kids in class playing in groups, and I was always in the sidelines. Nobody ever asked me to join in their games, no one ever asked if they wanted to play with me. Even the teachers saw me by myself, but I don't think they ever cared. Except Stapy.

So... he became my first friend! And the next I remember, we were going on playdates together, having lunch together, always playing together at breaktime and lunchtime. All the happiness I ever had in my life was always shared with him. He was always there. Which hurts like hell now.

During the final year of primary school, I always had this horrible fear. I was so, so scared that after we finished, I wouldn't be in the same high school as him, and that I'd have to relive being alone again. I always dreaded that. I always dreaded being by myself. It's funny because every single time Stapy would tell me he was gonna be absent, I would too. Whenever he missed a day of school, I did too. Our parents would tell the school that we had a fever, when in reality we were actually just watching videos together or playing RPS.
Seriously, I've never been to school without him.

Finally, in the last few days of primary school, he told me what high school he was going to be attending. I don't know whether he hid it from me to surprise me, but it turned out that we were going to the same place after all!
I actually remember that day. I still remember the happy shock and the slight anger after he told me. I'll never forget that day. When he said those words to me. When he said,

"I'll always be by your side."

It's so bittersweet now. It hurts even harder than a wound. I don't know if I'll ever get over that.

I still remember the summer of 2013, when we egged that annoying girl's house, or when we had a water gun fight with our old class in the park, or when the two of us sat in the sunset holding ice cream as we told each other our deepest secrets, or when we played truth or dare during the one of many sleepovers we had.

It's 2019 now, it's different. There's no more fun days off school. There's no more games, no more nothing.

Then after that, school time. The secondary school was fairly big to be quite frank, the building was a bit aged but the corridors stretched out endlessly to the point that it was so easy to get lost. Good thing, I didn't struggle that much. I always had Stapy with me, he was always by my side at all times.

We were introduced to our form class, and I met 2 girls. One was so delicate and beautiful, her eyes shined brighter than the stars in the sky. The other... well... I could feel the pure hell radiate from her the moment I looked at her.

The first girl was called Pastel Highlighter. I don't know what it was with her, but the moment we talked, I felt that we were gonna be really good friends. Not as strong of a bond as me and Stapy's, of course, but I could feel our relationship blossom from the first interaction. I don't know how to describe her, other than the fact that she's obviously a light purple highlighter. I really have no idea, but when I looked into her eyes, they glowed and shimmered like gems. The vocabulary she used, the way she spoke. You could just feel the pure sweetness pouring out the more you talked with her.