a second chance. - chapter 11

5/1/16

"So tell me, where were you on the day Miss Pastel Highlighter died."

They were in a small, dark room, with a brown table in the middle and a weakly lit lightbulb shining from above. Liy was sat on a wooden chair, directly facing towards a police officer as he clutched onto the notebook.

The police officer stared deeply into her eyes, his expression clouded with uncertainty as he held firmly onto the pen in his hand.

Liy tapped her feet cunningly on the ground. She didn't enjoy interrogations, but she knew exactly what to say. So she took a deep breath, gathering her words as she leaned back on the creaky wooden chair.

"I was in class, like everyone else..." She said in an innocent yet clueless tone, leaning forward as she cracked a slight grin.

The officer nodded his head, a little bit suspicious as he began to write stuff into his notebook.

"Okay... and do you have any idea where she went after class...?"

Liy took a moment to think about a lie...

After a few seconds... the idea popped right into her head.

"No... well, I saw her walking down the stairs but that's pretty much it..."

"Hm..." The police officer gave her a once over and started to write in his notebook again.

Liy tapped her feet on the floor while patiently waiting for the next question, the small smirk on her face being neatly covered by the palm of her hand.

"And are you certain that's the last you saw of Pastel Highlighter?" The police officer said, peering at Liy suspiciously while locking eyes with her in a quick attempt to intimidate.

"Yes."

Liy stopped making eye contact with the officer and looked down to the table, zoning out to hopefully pass time.

...

In this world, no justice is ever served. Not for me, for Pastel, not for anyone. The world is like a cruel cycle. Wake up, eat, suffer, repeat. I for myself am so used to this cycle that it has permanently ingrained deep in my soul, something that can never change. Or can it... I mean, you never know, do you? The world is full of surprises!

That's why I, Liy, declare myself as the master of justice! I will be the one who brings peace upon this horrible world! I will raise my sceptre upon the universe and cast a blessing upon them all, a promise... of tranquility, peace, calamity. Something that the poor Earth hasn't felt in centuries, eons! One person at a time, my Earth of hope is being crafted. One person at a time, a weight is lifted off of this planet's poor shoulders. One person at a time, the silence will grow bigger. One person at a time, the Earth is calmer. And soon enough, I will be the only one to remain. The only one who remains on the planet. The only one who kisses the sweet Earth goodnight, the only one who wakes up soaking in the daylight. I am the bearer of peace, the bearer of hope that sparkles and glistens brightly within the dark and clouded whirlpool of despair. And it starts from now.

________________

A SECOND CHANCE - CHAPTER 11.

"This place sucks... death... death... and more death... it's horrible!" Puffball groaned, resting on her bed as she sighed.

"Sucks for me too..." Fries murmured with a bit of a frown, fidgeting with the cast on his arm that had been glued tightly on ever since the events with Foldy occurred, a grim memory he didn't really like to think about.