Hells

The last several days Shiv, Astarion, Ruven, Wyll and Karlach had arrived to where the coolant is supposed to be. They decided to camp there for now as the team was tired. As Shiv set up her tent she longed to be back with Gale. She in their short time together got used to his presence. Hearing his light snoring as she cuddled him and he held her. She always felt home in his arms. As she got her tent ready, her heart felt heavy. She so desperately wanted to be with him but she knew until this was all said and done, they would not know peace. After she got her tent up, she walked away from the camp and decided to do a patrol to make sure no enemy lurked.

As she walked around the perimeter she recalled the last time they were in the Hells, and it was the scare of her life. They were fighting Raphael as they took the Orphic hammer just in case The Emperor was not being truthful, and they could free the prince. Shiv saw Astarion, Shadowheart and Gale all go down due to an AOE. Shiv cried out for them as they did not move. Fear gripped her heart as she was sure they were all dead, and she mourned for Gale, which quickly turned to anger and she was able to finish him off. She then went to Withers and resurrected her allies and her lover. Gale, after he was brought back, smiled at Shiv, and said "Man that was an interesting trip. One I dare not..." He did not finish what he said before Shiv just grabbed him into a hug and cried onto his chest. Gale, overwhelmed with emotion just held her and stroke her hair, reassuring her, he was safe.

Shiv stated to cry at that memory, but she also held in her heart the amount of time she cuddled beside him on their adventures. She went back to the camp satisfied that there was no nearby enemies, and she saw Ruven already getting the coolant from the plants. Astarion was reading. She noticed as well Karlach and Wyll were a bit cozier than usual, but it made Shiv smile. "Ruven, how long will it take enough to extract and then refine?" Shiv asked. "Well, it is going to be a few days. This is going to take time. Especially I want to make sure we have enough to last us sometime. It will need to be replenished but we can worry about that later." Karlach came over, "Well it is not like we won't be able to come back." Shiv nodded. "True, we can come back to get more for you. As long as it means you can come back topside." Karlach did a giddy dance in excitement. Shiv chuckled at Karlach's dance. Just then they all heard a loud roar, and saw an orthon approach them. "Aww Hells." Karlach said as she brought out her axe. Shiv gripped her bow just in case. The orthon swinged his big hammer and Karlach and Ruven were able to dodge out of the way, but Shiv was not and she was hit with full force. She flew and few feet and fell to the ground, motionless. Wyll ran to her and Astarion ran over to Karlach and Ruven, daggers out. As they were fighting Wyll was trying to rouse Shiv. "Shiv, come on now wake up." Wyll did not see her breathing and got concerned as he pulled out a scroll to heal her. He knew they would need to go back to get Shadowheart to her so Shiv would have a better chance. When Wyll heard the Orthon fall he shouted to them that they needed to go back and get Shiv to Shadowheart quickly.