Everything went downwards when Hazel appeared, though, called over by an adult camper. Nico tried to retreat behind the rest of the demigods as if she might just miss him.

She spotted him just fine.

Hazel was known for her kind and supportive demeanor, so when the demigods saw her deadly aura, they moved back, creating a path for her to move through. She marched over, Frank in tow in all his massive, Canadian glory; he had somehow grown taller since the last time Nico had seen him.

Frank shook his head, signaling to Nico that, if he wanted to survive with his head still attached to his neck, he better make a run for it. Everyone else, including Percy and Annabeth looked befuddled, but continued to make conversation, catching up on the events of the last couple months.

When Hazel reached Nico, he frowned in a pained manner, Frank still standing behind her like an oversized bodyguard.

"Hazel...I," Nico stuttered.

THWAK

Her slap was crisp and hit him straight in the jaw.

Nico didn't shy away. Everyone else looked shocked to the bone, standing silent as if waiting for someone to break the silence. Even Percy, who could make a conversation out of thin air, was dumbfounded.

"I deserve that," Nico stated as Frank stepped in front of Hazel to prevent her from swinging a second time, which seemed highly probable.

"You're such an asshole," Hazel seethed.

I don't deserve forgiveness for everything I'm going to put you through.

"I'm not sure what I'm watching," Percy whispered to Annabeth.

"Trust me," Reyna replied for Annabeth. "No one does."

 Their group sat at a table further from the rest of the inhabitants, Hazel ignoring him completely on the walk over.

"Why are you really here?" Annabeth asked when they all sat down. When Will went to give his excuse again, Annabeth raised a hand to silence him. "You're not here on vacation. No one goes on vacation after a murder."

Damn it, Chiron.

They had Nico cornered. If he said anything, though, they would be in danger of Nyx allowing his abilities to go completely rampant. Here, none of them had weapons except for Reyna and Nico.

When Nico refused to say anything, Hazel hit her fist on the table, causing Will to jump.

"Nico. We all know what happened! What the hell is happening with all these monsters and why did you come all of a sudden?! Another war can't have broken out so fast. Why can't you just tell me?" Hazel practically begged. She looked to be at her wit's end.

Both Percy and Annabeth looked worried, probably afraid that they might be roped into yet another battle. From their confused expressions, though, they probably hadn't heard what had happened in Tartarus other than what Nico had told them before his quest. The demigods at the table exchanged glances, as if wondering why there was so much tension between the siblings.

Nico felt like he'd been backed into a corner, and fear rolled off of him, the table's shadow frisking about.

"Hazel, I don't know what's happening," Nico lied.