Take the Damn Gem Will Ya?

" Fedele just put the gem on." Cale was struggling to get Fedele to accept his title as a prince. What else could he be as Cale's son?

"You are my son, now a prince. You should learn to take whatever you want with no worries. Did you see how Raon Miru, On and Hong live under my care? They live in freedom, and you deserve much more."

" But papa! The people will not like it. I was a subordinate, not a leader!" Fedele refused to become the reason for others to look down upon his new family's status. He refuses——

Cale held Fedele's shoulders and forced him to look him in the eye. " Creatures bow to the strong, they bow to power. You, my child, are stronger than most. We, as your parents are stronger. They will not dare say a thing." Although it was a cruel thing to believe in, that is how the world works, and he learnt that ever since his young days.

Fedele was like him, he too, used to be at the bottom of society, not the lowest, but low enough to be disrespected by almost anyone. The differences are just that while Cale became greedy for money, Fedele became low on self-esteem. Probably the same as Cale like how he thinks he's trash.

" Now you have a choice, to have me get someone to put the gem on you, or you use your own hands to grab this power that you deserve." Cale was ready to get someone to put it on for Fedele. But seeing how Fedele still couldn't get used to these things, Cale decided to give him another choice. " You're allowed to adorn it on a full face mask's chin and wear it. This is the last option."

Fedele decided to use the mask. And Cale, perfectly aware that they were running out of time, gave him a plain white one and had him paint it on his own in fifteen minutes. They finished right on time before Barrow arrived.