The Braid of Fate

A ball will be held. Great.

In order to avoid the incident of Cale being thrown into prison because of misunderstanding, Barrow decided to host a ball to announce his spouse.

Allies are invited and citizens of the Endable Kingdom are allowed to enter and have fun. Cale style✨

Of course, Barrow asked Cale about it before finalizing. The ball will be held with their own tradition — braid dancing.

Braid dancing is a dance where people join whenever they like. They each get a hold of fabrics of different colors and dance around the ballroom in a pattern. The people may dance however they like, as long as they can form a braid with the fabric in their hands with other people.

It symbolize freedom and fate. The fabric in your hands represent your fate, and you're destined to make it into a beautiful braid with other people.

Bullshit.

Barrow created such tradition because he used to braid Cale's hair for fun. And with the death of his love, he made it so that his people have to braid for his love as a ritual. A reason why the White Star hold a ball for no reason on that specific day no matter what.

On that day, the White Star will grant the group of people that braided the best braid a wish. If none impress him, he will just leave in the middle of the ball.

Then what?

The noble family that braided the ugliest braid will have their assets taken away, becoming a normal citizen.

Imagine Cale's shock when he heard about it. He likes dancing. Honest. But braid dancing? Never heard of it.