Memories and Reason

" Cale Barrow."

He woke up to a chilly voice.

" I am the God of Death. I've summoned you to undo your curse, considering your sincere love for my beloved child."

Wait what? What did it have to do with Cale?

" The curse was to make you unable to have anything you cherish and to reincarnate endlessly. And that included your forgotten memories, your reason for all of this destruction. "

Memories?

" You will now recieve it while I give you a chance to look through Cale's life. He is currently regaining his memories too."
Barrow lost his consciousness once again.

_____________________________________

" Hey! I'm Cale Barrow!" It was his younger self's voice.

" I'm... Cale."

" Huh, same name? Let's be friends!"

" ...Um."
_____________________

" Hey, Cale. I like you. Why not lovers instead of friends?"

" ... Why not."

" We're dragon slayers, Cale! So uhhhh we've been fighting all our life, I don't know what's romantic..."

" Take my mask then. I want your necklace. "

" ...! I'll cherish it!"
________________________

" Cale! Run away with me! Come on!"

" What's going on?!"

" I saw someone with three corpses, then I got framed."

" Catch him! The one with shorter hair!"

They hid in a large tree, the tree hole was fortunately big enough to fit them.

" Barrow, I love you. You know that right?"

" I know. But now's not the time."
____________________________

" Hey! Why did you cut your hair?"

" Nothing. Let's run. Living is the best."

They ran as fast as they could, but Cale started to slow down.

" Cale, don't stop, keep running. Just a little more, we're going to be free from them soon!"

Barrow turned around, he was ready to carry his exhausted lover, but was suddenly pushed. He was shoved into a bush of red roses.

He looked up hopelessly, thinking that Cale betrayed him. The thorns hurt so much, why would he do that?

He watched as Cale pulled out a dagger and aimed for his heart.

" Hey! First you killed our fellow dragon slayers and now your lover?! You're out of your mind!"

Cale was strucked by a sword from his back, completely piercing his heart.

" Cale, are you all right? We killed him, don't worry."

Barrow felt cold. He looked dumb as he looked at his lover's dead body.

" Hang his corpse on the tree! He mustn't have peace even after his death!"

No...

It's not him..

They killed the wrong person..

Barrow felt sadness and anger boiling within him.

How dare they... How dare these people...!!!
____________________

" You ungrateful child! How dare you, after we saved you from your crazy lover!!!"

" Then...HOW DARE YOU KILL THE WRONG PERSON?! You killed Cale! My kind and lovely Cale! Am I supposed to forgive you?!!"

The people of this precious village, the strongest human race were turned to dust.
Barrow watched coldly holding the two dragon eggs he took from the Dragon Lord.
He will end this world. Why should it exist when his beloved Cale died?