Undercover

Alberu appeared at the border of the Endable Kingdom. He walked in cautiously but slightly relaxed when he saw countless happy dark attribute people talking to each other excitedly.

' Is something good happening?' He walked over to a small group of dark elves and asked about it.

" Don't you know? The majesty will be hosting a ball! It is said that he found his lover once again and wanted to celebrate this happy occasion with the Dance of Fate! "

Huh.. Alberu didn't know about a tradition called Dance of Fate when he was undercover here with Cale..."I am a newly accepted citizen, care to enlighten me about the traditions? "

The dark elves looked at him weirdly for a second, but then explained it to him.

Dance of Fate was what the people of Endable Kingdom call braid dancing. To the citizens, it was the happiest occasion that would happen. They treat it like a surprise reveal.

Why?

Because on that day, there's always a chance for the nobles to get their status taken away. A sudden surprise would be that a corrupted noble gets stripped off of everything. At times like this, it all depends on how the citizens view them.

Corrupted nobles might just get to know that the prices of things are a 'little' expensive, while the kind nobles that were unlucky might receive help to either adjust to their new lifestyle or maybe get back their noble status.

Knowing that all citizens are actually allowed to enter, Alberu thanked them and left to make preparations, unaware that the citizens he just talked to have reported him to Fredo.

The gates of the Endable Kingdom were opened to welcome guests ever since the announcement of the ball, but due to the majesty's insecurity for his lover's safety, the kingdom have stopped accepting new citizens from the outside for the time being.

Therefore, a new citizen at a time like this was certainly suspicious. Plus, the fact that Alberu didn't know the traditions was just strange.

Due to special circumstances, everyone in this kingdom must own a book of traditions to avoid causing conflicts with other tribes. It was even given to the foreigners for free to ensure that no accidents happen.

The Endable Kingdom were mostly filled with dark attribute people, but there are also bear tribesmen, lion tribesmen, and humans. It would've been a mess if there were no rules or explainations to different people. The book makes sure to explain every species in order to ensure mutual understanding. But of course, tribe secrets were kept and only vaguely mentioned.