19: A Break From The Action

Start from the beginning

"My life...Still being here and well...my actions on Galuna Island." She whispered as she kept her eyes on the houses before them. Natsu could hear the brokenness in her voice as he watched her, concerned.

"Yes." He spoke with a firmness that took Morana by surprise. She turned to him and was taken back by the fire in his eyes.

"You did the right thing. I may not know what you went through, but I do know this. I'm impressed that you did what you thought was right to survive." Natsu smiled as Morana took in his words.

"You... believe that?" Her words were faint, but Natsu heard them.

"Of course I do! You're Fairy Tail's Ice Dragon slayer! I trust you and don't worry about that, island. You didn't know how to tell us the truth." He gave her the benefit of the doubt as he threw his arm over her shoulder while ruffling her messy hair. "Next time, just tell us."

She chuckled as she swatted his hand away. "Yeah, right, like you listened to me while on Galuna Island."

"I said I was sorry!" Natsu cried as Morana slammed his head to the ground.

"Shut up, Pyro! It's early in the morning; no need to shout!" She growled as she turned on her heel and walked away from the subdivision. Natsu rubbed his head as he followed after her.

"Hey! Don't leave me!"

"Then keep up, fire-eating lizard." Morana hissed.

The air between them was lighter as they walked through Magnolia one last time that night. It was ideal for Morana as they made small talk. To her surprise, the conversation helped ease her anxious mind. Natsu's nonsense was comical and stress relieving as Morana felt her exhaustion creep up. The ice dragon intended to return to Fairy Hill, but instead, she returned to the guildhall. The doors were constantly unlocked because Fairy Tail was the most prominent and safest place in town. So, the two dragon slayers entered the guild.

Morana yawned as she stretched out once they were inside the guild. No one was around as Natsu smiled at the place. Morana glanced at him with tired eyes. To an extent, she understood how much this place meant to him. There was still much for her to learn, but she was beginning to appreciate the place that welcomed her with open arms.

"Hey Morana!" Natsu snickered as he looked at her like a kid. "Want to raid the kitchen?" She looked at him, confused, but her stomach growled.

"Sure, but we can't eat the entire place. Makarov would have our heads." Morana headed towards the kitchen as Natsu ran past her. A chuckle escaped her lips as she calmly followed after him.

The kitchen was a good-sized place and was fully stocked with the needed supplies to support a full-blown guild such as Fairy Tail. There was enough to support the amount of damage that is caused daily.

Natsu found the pantry and dug into some chips. There was a happy smile on his lips as he turned to Morana, who was looking into the freezers. The ice dragon had pulled out a small bag of ice chips and closed the freezer with her hips. Natsu watched her intently as he noticed her body swaying to imaginary music. This was the first time Natsu had seen Morana so relaxed before it almost amazed him as he watched in awe.

"Mama says I'm a messed up masterpiece. I swear my demons are pets on a tight leash. They put on the pressure, and diamonds came out of me. Whoa-oh, whoa-oh. Mama says I'm a messed up masterpiece. (Whoa-oh, whoa-oh). (Mama says I'm a messed up masterpiece). (Whoa oh, whoa oh). (Mama says I'm a messed up masterpiece)" The words left her lips in a whisper as the song in her head took over. Natsu sat and watched in curiosity as Morana started to dance around the kitchen. It must have been her exhaustion that left her feeling vulnerable enough to be true to herself in front of Natsu, but the fire dragon wasn't going to say anything.