Very subtle, not easily perceptible, like that tiny spark of courage resisting, soon to be extinguished by cowardice.

Tang Ning resembled someone genuinely bullied, helpless and uneasy. He awkwardly bit the cigarette, immediately choked by the smoke. His long, delicate eyelashes fluttered like dried leaves in the bleak autumn, and a tear gently rolled down his misty eyes.

The crystal-clear teardrop hung on his pale jaw, like the finishing touch of a painting, elevating this performance to another level. It was so stunning that even Chang Yike couldn't help but glance in amazement.

Indeed, the script had a scene where An Jue Xiao was forced to smoke. It turns out he wasn't succumbing to a smoking habit; he was searching for props?

Chang Yike sat up straight, surprised, and observed Tang Ning's interpretation of the character.

Once again, he witnessed the vitality he noticed in the viral clip. Tang Ning had a naturally handsome face, but he struggled to utilize his facial features and muscles properly. When that face obediently conveyed the correct emotions, an astonishing vitality irresistibly swept over.

Even the faint veil of smoke couldn't conceal it.

Everyone around was astonished, looking at Tang Ning as if he had undergone a profound transformation. When the performance concluded, Tang Ning took a breath, breaking free from the dreamlike state. He looked up somewhat nervously at Chang Yike, who rubbed his chin, slightly puzzled, and said, "Did my words really contribute so much to your performance just now?"

Tang Ning momentarily didn't know how to respond, just staring at him. Then, the director laughed and said, "In the future on set, maybe I can expect to see an even better performance than this."

No, no, no, unless I can enter a similar instance again—

Tang Ning suddenly froze, then quickly reacted. He incredulously heard Chang Yike say, "Tang Ning, right? I'm quite satisfied with your performance just now."

Tang Ning walked out of the audition room in a daze. His agent, Sister Liang, supported the seemingly weightless Tang Ning, expressing concern, "It's okay, it's just a lousy movie, look at you, your complexion is so poor. Let's take this time to rest and recover."

"I passed the audition," Tang Ning said in a ethereal voice.

Sister Liang, in the middle of comforting him, noticeably paused. Then, an extremely excited and infectious smile appeared on her face. She cupped Tang Ning's face and exclaimed, "I knew it! We did it, Ning Ning! We definitely can!"

She hugged Tang Ning, lifting him slightly off the ground.

Tang Ning was caught in this warm embrace, bathed in the peculiar gazes of the people around. The surreal feeling of emerging from a game and then succeeding in an audition only slightly dissipated.

A faint smile appeared on Tang Ning's lips.

Gentle, joyful, yet carrying a trace of indescribable sorrow.

Sister Liang wanted to take Tang Ning out for a celebratory meal, but Tang Ning, citing feeling unwell, declined. He was tired and just wanted to go home and rest. Moreover, he had someone he needed to contact.

While sitting in the car on the way home, Tang Ning dialed Gu Ming's phone number.

Pressing the sequence of numbers stored in his memory, Tang Ning had too many questions to ask. He wanted to know what happened to Gu Ming while he was in a coma, whether Gu Ming knew what triggered the immense power that awakened him, and he wanted to share the news of his successful audition.