7

Chapter seven

Hyunjin pov

"Why are you being nice to me"

Those words ringing in my head, I stood there unable to know what to say next. Felix's face turned from confused to anger, "you have literally made my life a living hell, every day I have been here. So what the fuck is going on" he says again but a bit louder. "I uh don't know" I stutter back. His face falls. He gets up from the counter and starts putting his shoes on.

"Felix wait seriously" I say back to him, walking up and grabbing him but he flinches back. "I don't know what is going on in your sick fucked up head but I don't want this" he whispers to me still unable to look at me. "Did you do it because of me" I say back to him, this question makes him stop breathing. Looking up at me I could see the sadness in his eyes.

"So this is pity then" he asks me quietly. I shake my head, "answer the question Felix, did you do that to yourself because of me" I say again but sternly. His gaze falls to his arms, still wrapped up in my hoodie. "I did it for a lot of reasons" he says still looking at me. I had a wave of relief come over me, I exhaled. Felix noticed before looking up at me, his face hot with anger.

"You were just the icing on the cake that day Hyunjin, with my shitty life and my shitty home I didn't see a point to stick around just to be beaten up and mocked by you anymore. So don't relax because you were a reason for it" he hisses back at me. It made my stomach drop, the relaxation I felt seconds ago was gone. "Felix" I whisper out to him, moving my hand to his arm but he slaps it away.

"I really don't need your pity Hyunjin, what I need is a fucking life away from you" he starts to push me away so he can open the door. I don't know what happened, I don't understand it myself but I shut the door and grab him. I held him against my body as he fought to get himself freed. After a few attempts I felt him soften in my arms, then he started sobbing.

"I am so sorry, Felix" I whisper out to him as his sobs got louder. Shifting his head and looking up at me I almost melted. His eyes crystal blue and soft, his face was wet and puffing from crying. I hated to see him so upset. I don't know what changed for me but for once he smiled at me, it was intoxicating.

"Come on, stay the weekend and we can finish the project" I say back to him. He nods and then clears his throat awkwardly because we were still hugging. I pulled away and walked backwards. "Come one we can work in my room and I can let you use the old phone to let your parents know your okay" I tell him and I lead him back to my room.

Rummaging through my drawer I find the phone and throw it to him, he catches it and switches out the sim card and it just starts blowing up. "Shit" he says as his eyes stayed glued to the phone. "Everything okay" I ask back slightly worried something was wrong. "Uh no my friends, Han and Jeongin, they were just texting me all last night and this morning to make sure I was safe" he tells me typing back a few messages.

He sits down on my bed and I join him, grabbing my laptop and handing it to him. "Here sign in to your email and we can work on the project" I tell him which he follows my words. Honestly Felix had already done so much that we finished the whole thing a few hours later. Leaning back on my bed I was exhausted, I watch as Felix shifted before looking at me, "is my sweater done" he asks me.

"Uh yea it should be let me go grab it" I say back, going into the basement I get the sweater out of dryer and run back upstairs. Felix was in my room fumbling with the ends of the large hoodie I gave him. Something came over me, he hadn't seen me yet so I threw the sweater into the room across from me and shut the door. "Ah sorry it looks like I never turned the washer on so it's going to be a couple more hours" I lie to him walking back in.

He laughed, oh my god his laughter was deep and echoey. It was music to my ears. "Stop laughing at me, it's a common mistake" I joke back to him as his laughs continue. "So what do you want to do now, we finished the project faster than I assumed" he says back to me.

"Well my parents are gone all weekend so feel free to stay, I'm usually alone so it's nice having someone here" I say back to him shrugging my shoulders. "Does that happen often" he asks me, my eyes meeting his, he actually looked concerned or maybe interested. "Yea sometimes they take off for weeks so I don't even know if I should expect them back Monday" I tell him trying to make a joke of it.

Just then I heard footsteps in my house, "Hyunjin" someone screamed my name. My heart stopped, Minho. "Uh stay here" I say to Felix and exit my room shutting the door. It got his attention, "dude what the fuck you left me at that party last night" he whined to me with a hint of annoyance. "Sorry Minho I got busy" I say back forcing him back into the living room away from my door.

"Well I drove you car home last night, what is going on" he asks me looking down the hall to my room. "Are you here with someone" he asks me with a huge grin on his face. I think fast, "uh yea that why I was busy, I picked up someone from the party and she's still asleep" I lie to him. "Who is it, please don't tell me was like Jessica or someone annoying" he laughs at me. I shake my head, "no one you know" I say back to him. He continues to laugh, "alright I'll let you two be then. You busy tomorrow let's hang out".

I shook my head, "no I have to work on that stupid project from first period" I tell him but he looks back at me confused. "I thought you said feral Felix was going to do the whole thing" he questions me. Fuck. "No the asshole told the teacher so she's making me finish it by myself" I lie back.

"Fuck what an idiot" Minho says, i don't know why but his comment made me angry. "So yea I am busy see you Monday" I say pushing him out my front door before he could say anything else. I sigh, what am I going to do. Walking back into my room I see Felix laying on my bed, hearing me open the door he jumps up. "Oh sorry I'm just still tired and hung over" he says moving down to sit on the edge.

"Don't worry about it come on let's watch a movie" I say back, turning on my tv and opening up Netflix. Laying down on my bed I watch as Felix becomes uncomfortable, still sitting at the edge of my bed I speak up, "It's a big enough bed Felix, you can lay down if you want". "Oh okay cool" he says back quietly laying down as far away as possible from me.

I put on some new scary movie and I tried to concentrate on it but my mind wasn't helping. Its focus was on Felix, looking over and catching moments of him made my heart race. I watch as his body tenses at one of the scarier scenes. It was almost cute when he jumped at one of the parts. "Have you seen this before" he asks me, shaking my head he continues "then how come you're not getting scared".

I laugh back to him, "I don't know I just have never been scared before watching stuff like this" I say. Watching the next scene Felix literally jumped up off the bed. I couldn't help but laugh. "It's not funny this movie is fucked up" he says whining back to me. "Here come here" I say holding out my arms. Looking at me strangely he moves closer to me, allowing me to wrap my arms around him.

His body was harsh at first but after a while he must have gotten comfortable because I felt him relax into me. His head resting against my chest, I hoped and prayed my heart beat wouldn't give away how nervous I was. Then I heard his soft snores, looking down at him and he's fully passed out. I smiled, his face was relaxed, his freckles popping all over his face. I just starred at him until I felt myself get sleepy and doze off.