Family Issues at the Party

Agatha had succumbed to a state of severe self loathing. Her crush had already been bad enough as it was, but this, this was different. Why did she yearn for Black so badly? Why was he the only thing she thought of? Why was this happening to her? Why couldn't they just have kissed once and left it there? Why did he have to be so good; the sex, even the mere personality of him made her knees buckle. She hated it. Agatha had entered the month of April along with the hope that she would forget about him completely and that it had only been a one-night-stand. She had failed pathetically.

Along with these thoughts, Agatha sat herself down at the Slytherin table in the Great Hall before the Slytherin versus Ravenclaw Quidditch game.

"Emma, if the Ravenclaw chasers, especially Jones, starts chasing you, always pass the Quaffle to Evan, we've made sure to continually have him flying close to you," said Regulus.

"Yes, yes, you've told me that twice."

Regulus heaved a sigh. "I'm quite confident of our chances."

"Of course you are," said Emma, "we're bound to win."

"Have some breakfast, Evan," said Agatha.

"No," said Evan with a grimace toward the porridge on the table, "I can't eat, it'll come straight up when the match starts."

"What a lovely image you've painted for me," said Agatha with a small smile, now having lost her appetite. "At least have a piece of toast."

Evan looked at her quite darkly but started smearing butter on the toast nonetheless.

As Emma, Evan, and Regulus continued talking through tactics Agatha understood nothing about, she watched Regulus. He looked very handsome in his Quidditch sweater, the lean muscles on his arms stretched the knit fabric. As she subtly stared at the boy, her mind went to how angry he'd be if they were to lose the match, and what that could mean for her. The beautiful thought left her quite quickly however, as she remembered that there were legilimenses among the students, one of them her brother.

Regulus heaved a sigh and stood up. "Team."

The rest of the team stood up and started walking out of the room.

"Good luck," Agatha said to Evan and Emma.

"Thanks," they said nervously.

Agatha didn't want to raise suspicion by wishing Regulus good luck, but she kind of wanted to. Her hopes were met as Regulus, almost out of the room, peered at her over his shoulder. She sent him a small smile which he mirrored, and then looked away.

"Should we leave as well?" asked Barty when he was finished with his porridge.

Agatha looked around and noticed many students leaving the Great Hall. "Yes, we ought to get good seats," said she.

"—Quaffle taken by Vanity— Quaffle is passed to Rosier who gets closer to the Ravenclaw hoops— and he scores! Ten points to Slytherin!"

Agatha, Zelia and Barty cheered with large smiles on their faces.

"Go Evan!" screamed Zelia.

"Gryffindor seizes back control of the Quaffle, Bagman— OH FOR FUCK'S SAKE!"

"PREWETT!" shrieked Professor McGonagall.

"Sorry professor— erm... Wilkes back in possession of the Quaffle," Fabian continued glumly.