Sirius; a Cause for Broken Knuckles

After over a week's worth of Agatha avoiding Black, she was on her way to her Tuesday patrol. Well, of course, her ignorant bliss was not enough for her to completely stop seeing and thinking of the boy. For instance, the Tuesday patrol that same week, even though it had gone by in almost complete silence.

Nevertheless, Agatha trampled down the steps that led up to the girls' dormitories and entered an oddly empty, dark common area. There stood Black, at ease with his hands stuffed into the pockets of his slacks.

She smiled awkwardly as she closed up to his figure. "Hello."

He nodded and they started walking. She didn't know what to say into the painful silence. Perhaps he was wondering about her reasoning for not talking to him, not properly looking in his direction for the past week. Notwithstanding that she acted like that around him usually, as a matter of fact it would have been more weird if she would have started talking to him and properly looking in his direction. Or perhaps he didn't care at all? She hoped he didn't. He had that stoic kind of nature, you never really knew what he felt or thought. Or maybe he was worried that he had harassed her seven days prior. Her words came to mind: 'I swear I want more too– but– I can't, I won't.' It definitely sounded like she'd been trying to nicely talk her way out of the situation, uncomfortable. But she had been wanting more, she just didn't think the time was perfect and she really did have to study for that quiz, in fact, she hadn't slept at all that night because of it.

"How's your hand?" he asked.

"Good, it still stings a bit but otherwise fine. Thanks again for fixing it," she said.

He nodded.

They went silent for quite some time, like if it was September all over again. After about 20 minutes they heard voices far away.

"You snogged!?" asked one person.

"Well– don't scream it out, Jesus, she'll kill me."

"I was sure she would kill you when you asked her out for the 1000th time," said a third voice with a chuckle.

A fourth voice giggled.

Regulus sighed exhaustedly. "Here we go."

Agatha frowned for a moment but then understood what the voices were. The duo turned a corner and saw four boys standing as a group, two of them leaning against the wall and another two standing opposite them. This time they weren't wearing the invisibility cloak. The Marauders stood there, too obviously, not even moving when they heard Agatha and Regulus coming.

"Black and Burke, how nice to see you," smiled Potter.

They didn't return the smile.

"What," he cooed, "not in a good mood?"

"No wonder, they've just been home for the Christmas holidays," whisper-shouted Sirius but they knew he had meant for it to reach their ear as well.

Agatha crossed her arms over her chest, felt that sharp sting in her hand and winced, put it down.

"What's wrong with your hand, Burke?" asked Sirius. "Have your parents been using curses on you as well?"

She rolled her eyes.

"I take it as a yes. And how about you Reggie? Have you been Crucioed in a while? Or did they just use it on me?"

Sirius really isn't in a good mood today then, thought Agatha.

"They haven't used it on me, no."

"Well..." he smiled quite sardonically. "You always were the favourite child. Fucking back-stabber."