The Chamber of Secrets and Black's Bathroom

TW: slight sexual content

The concourses of Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry were silent, ominous and dark. Silent and dark because it was nighttime, 10.23 P.M. to be precise. Ominous due to a sort of eerie vibe that Agatha had only ever experienced on her Prefect patrols, almost sinister, but calm. She felt, on her patrols, that something bad would happen, almost like she did at home, but it never did. She always felt unnerved, as if someone or something would jump out from behind a pillar.

"You seem stressed," said Regulus.

"I'm not, I just have a gut feeling that something is going to happen," she said quietly, looking over her shoulder.

He frowned. "I don't believe anything big could happen this hour, well, other than Sirius and his goons planning a prank," he said his brother's name with a snarl.

She hummed. "I read a book of Hogwarts' other history in the restricted section today."

"How did you get into the restricted section?" he asked with furrowed brows. He rarely got in there.

"Told Professor McGonagall I wanted to know more about what I didn't."

"How did you manage getting her to let a Slytherin pure-blood from a family that is into the Dark Arts into the restricted section."

"I have no clue, but I suppose I've done something right."

"Well, what did you find out in the book?"

"The opening of the Chamber of Secrets. There was supposedly a Basilisk in there."

"A Basilisk!?" he asked, eyes wide with greed to know more.

She hummed. "You know much about them?"

"Of course I do," huffed he, offended.

"And you know Moaning Myrtle?"

"Yes," he said.

"She got killed by it, that's why she lives in the second floor girls' bathroom, that's where the entrance to the Chamber of Secrets is."

He hummed.

"Supposedly the one in the Chamber was owned by Salazar Slytherin. And only the heir of Slytherin can control it. And obviously Slytherin was against mud-bloods. Therefore he, according to rumour, left a Basilisk deep in the Chamber in the hope that one day, his heir would unleash her to eliminate all those he deemed unworthy to study magic at Hogwarts."

Regulus looked at her, taking in every word.

"Slytherin placed the Basilisk into a deep sleep until it could be woken by a descendant. And since the descendants of Slytherin were not all heirs, but still Parselmouths, they could kind of hear and speak to it. So there were lots of whispers that a monster lived in the castle as the Gaunts, for instance, couldn't help but boast. And..." but she trailed off, not knowing if she should speak or not.

"Yes?" he asked. She had never seen this kind of excited glint in his eyes before.

"In 1943 the Chamber was opened by a descendant who awakened the Basilisk, getting rid of some mud-bloods all the while. It got me thinking. That's when our grandparents were at Hogwarts. That's also when Mr. Riddle was at Hogwarts, and he's a Gaunt. So it might've been him that opened the Chamber."

"Is that so?" he asked, sizing her up as if it would give him confirmation.

"Well—" she chuckled nervously, "It's all just theory, of course, one that I put together while reading the book—"