Unreturned Love

Style

Age: 15-16

angst

3rd person POV

                                                                                          ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ 

Kyle was looking for his boyfriend, Stan. He was supposed to be at lunch with Kyle, Cartman, and Kenny. Kyle also has been needing to talk to Stan. 

Kyle headed over to the back of the school, where he found Stan, smoking a cigarette and scrolling through his phone.

"Hey Stan, we're supposed to be at lunch right now.." Kyle told him.

"I know." Stan said, avoiding eye contact with Kyle.

Stan took the cigarette out of his mouth and blew it into the air, and then inserted it back inside his mouth. (YALL GONNA TAKE THIS OUTTA CONTEXT)

Kyle sat down right next to him, even though he knew Stan wanted to be alone right now. The couple sat down in silence while snowflakes came down upon them.

"Kyle..," Stan finally spoke up, "we have to talk."

Kyle turned to head to look at Stan, but Stan was staring at the ground.

"I know we do.." Kyle sighed. He didn't want to have this talk, but he needed to have it. "I know you're not over Wendy, Stan."

Stan finally looked at Kyle. "Y-You do?"

Kyle nodded. "I've always known. All of the six months we've been dating, I've known the whole time."

Stan looked back at the ground again. "T-Then why? Then why did you even want to be with me?"

"Because, Stan.. I'm not letting my best friend be all depressed and shit over some break up. Even if it meant that my feelings were just being played with.." Kyle wiped the tears that were forming in his eyes.

Stan couldn't help but feel bad, really bad for what he had done to Kyle. Stan should have never done what he did.

"But it's fine though because you were happy and *hic* I was happy and nothing else mattered.. right?" Kyle was trying to make it so Stan didn't feel bad, but it only made Stan feel much, much worse.

Stan went over and hugged Kyle and Kyle cried into his shoulders. "Kyle, you deserve someone much better than me. Now promise me that after today, you'll find someone who will actually love you, okay?"

Kyle nodded and they both spent the rest of the lunch period hugging and crying.

                                                                                          ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆

Short, but angsty

Word Count: 363