chapter - 9 War with the devil!

"God must hate me a lot!" Sakura said -to no one in particular- as she made the nth turn that day. She was lost. She wasn't very good with directions. Totally lost! She expected Gaara to stay behind and wait for her as he did go to school with her that morning but alas! He didn't 'How kind...' Sakura thought sarcasm dripping with every word. Sakura was now drenched in water, but that was the least of her worries. She was in the middle of no-where and it was starting to get late. If she were to reach late, she would have to hear and earful full from the head maid. She was in charge of doing the laundry that day. She was lucky enough to actually receive education – I mean who else would get such an opportunity—and she didn't want to ruin this for herself.

"ARGH! So annoying" Sakura clenched her damp hair with both her hands in frustration. Fortunately, it stopped raining several minutes ago. But she still couldn't find her way back home. After several minutes walk she saw a park right ahead of her. A park meant that there would be a park bench for her to sit on 'oh joy!' and with that Sakura rushed to the park. She sat on the bench with a sigh. This wasn't all that bad. Maybe she could finally enjoy some alone time and worry about getting scolded later. Mrs. Mikoto would definitely understand if she tells her that she'd gotten lost on her way back. And she might actually scold the damned Uchiha if she knows that he left me behind. That didn't seem all that bad, in fact it didn't seem bad at all. She loved the idea. And so Sakura decided to rest a little and find her way back at her own pace.

..........................................................................................................................................................................

"Sasuke! I can't believe you left Sakura-chan on her own! I didn't expect this from you either Gaara-kun" Mikoto scolded the two 'youngsters' who were seated before her. "And here I thought the both of you were more responsible"

"Hn" Both Gaara and Sasuke said (more like grunted) in unison. "He was in charge of her" Sasuke said not looking up from whatever it is that he was doing. Man! His mother could be such a bother sometimes. "Besides she couldn't possibly be dumb enough to lose her way, the school isn't even that far away"

"What did I tell you about manners? This is no way to treat a lady. Get up and go find her this instant" Mikoto began "..and Gaara you are not an exception" she ended firmly.

"Hn whatever" the both got up together. Neither dared defy her 'orders'.

"Good boys!" Mikoto exclaimed proudly when she saw the two teenagers leave.

'what a drag'

..........................................................................................................................................................................

"This is starting to get annoying" Somehow she felt as though she was going further and further away from the mansion that getting anywhere near it .So much for having a good time. It was starting to get really late and there was no way in hell she could possibly enjoy her time now. And just when she thought things couldn't get any worse, it began raining – again!

"I need to find a place to stay for now" and just as luck may have it she found a coffee shop only a few meters away. "I guess I could stay there for a while" she walked into the shop only to be greeted by a girl, about the same age as her "WELCOME!" the girl yelled excitedly when she saw Sakura enter.

"Hey!" Sakura greeted back.

"How may I help you?" She asked expectantly.

"Sorry I won't be buying anything, I don't have a penny on me" Sakura smiled apologetically. The disappointment was evident on her face. "Really sorry..."