Tang Ning stopped in the central area of the campus, Qi Yun, whose hand he held, also halted.

"What's wrong?" Qi Yun's voice was chilly.

Tang Ning's gaze landed on the other's lips. Qi Yun had attractive lips, a standard bow shape with a light color.

Last night, Qi Yun had practically kissed his entire face, except for his lips. At that time, Tang Ning felt fortunate. He didn't want every memory with Mo Yun Chu to be forcibly invaded by someone else.

But Zhou Chuan said, you need to kiss him directly when he's not paying attention.

No worries, consider it a practice for a kissing scene.

In the midst of the bustling crowd, Tang Ning tiptoed and kissed Qi Yun's lips.

The softness his lips touched was warm.

Much like Qi Yun, who appeared cold but, upon contact, felt like scalding magma.

Gazes from all directions focused on Tang Ning. Nervously looking at Qi Yun, he couldn't discern any overt emotions from that handsome face. Yet, Tang Ning sense an intense crisis emanating from that calmness.

As if, unintentionally, he had provoked something extraordinary.

Tang Ning instinctively wanted to step back, but the hand without an umbrella suddenly pressed against the back of his head, decisively cutting off Tang Ning's retreat.

The edge of the black umbrella pressed down heavily, and its stingy owner refused to reveal any glimpse of what lay inside, not even a hint.

Qi Yun's unique fragrance rushed into Tang Ning's nostrils, and the air seemed to bloom with countless unknown flowers. Tang Ning's lips were easily pried open, and he saw Qi Yun's beautiful eyes.

Usually with an icy demeanor, Qi Yun rarely smiled, and the few times he did, it seemed mixed with negative emotions—angry laughter, envious laughter, mocking laughter.

Once, Tang Ning had briefly fantasized about what Qi Yun's sincere laughter would look like.

It seemed like he was seeing it now.

Melting ice and snow, peach blossoms in autumn, a beauty shrouded in a mist of emotions.

Such a profound gaze.

It shouldn't have been given to this deceptive kiss.

Zhou Chuan said, at the most intense moment of your kiss, you should take the opportunity to knock his umbrella away.

Tang Ning's hand started to search, and he encountered Qi Yun's hand holding the umbrella.

Carefully moving upward, he teased without a pattern, from the back of the hand to the wrist, effortlessly tearing through Qi Yun's usual calm exterior.

The umbrella handle slipped from Qi Yun's hand, and the massive black umbrella fell at their feet.

Qi Yun's long and powerful palm pressed against Tang Ning's waist, squeezing as if trying to meld Tang Ning into his embrace.

Exposed under the sunlight, those things that should have been done in secrecy were now laid bare, surrounded by the omnipresent voyeuristic gaze, like a 360-degree rotating camera.

Pedestrians coming and going stopped in their tracks.

The faint and lingering fragrance enveloped Tang Ning, making him dizzy and entranced. The glaring sunlight poured down from the high sky, landing on Tang Ning's absent-minded face.

Zhou Chuan stared in disbelief, as if witnessing something beyond rationality.

This kiss continued to deepen, as if Qi Yun wanted to swallow him whole, skin and bones.

Tang Ning felt fear, attempting to escape. His waist was tightly held, his neck restrained by a hand. His body kept tilting backward as Qi Yun continued to bend down to kiss him. He felt like a finely tuned string, producing only a trembling sound.

The world within his sight began to spin, heaven and hell inverted, angels and demons blending.

Tang Ning saw those affectionate peach blossom eyes gazing at him, seemingly distinguishing truth from falsehood in his eyes.

Then, Tang Ning witnessed Qi Yun's gaze gradually returning to coldness.

The grip restraining him was released, and Qi Yun bent down to pick up the black umbrella from the ground. The shadow cast by the umbrella once again shrouded Qi Yun. Qi Yun looked at Tang Ning, who was catching his breath, and calmly said, "You suddenly kissed me. Did you want to get something from me?"

Tang Ning hadn't fully recovered from the almost oxygen-deprived dizziness, but he heard Qi Yun's straightforward and piercing inquiry. His mind went blank, not knowing how to respond for a moment.

"In fact, if you want anything, you can just tell me."

"I have fulfilled every desire you wrote in the diary."

"You said you wanted to drink the mineral water I use, eat dishes I personally cooked, share a black umbrella with me, walk through every corner of the campus with me." Qi Yun, holding the umbrella, came to stand in front of Tang Ning, blocking the glaring sunlight.

"But now, it seems like you don't want these things."

"What do you really want, Tang Ning?"

Qi Yun lowered his gaze, staring at him with a focused and serene expression. Facing such a gaze, Tang Ning seemed to be ensnared in a strange kind of hypnosis and hazily blurted out his inner thoughts, "I want you to tell me why those people, led by Xu Yunxi, bullied me back then."

"Okay," Qi Yun calmly agreed.

In Tang Ning's dazed gaze, Qi Yun held his hand. "Let's eat first."

Tang Ning, still in a daze, was led away by Qi Yun. He somewhat doubted if he was dreaming; things were progressing so smoothly that Qi Yun even made promises like satisfying all his wishes.

But why would Qi Yun be so good to him? Qi Yun had fulfilled so much for him, what could Tang Ning offer in return?

Anxiety spread in his heart as Tang Ning watched Qi Yun go to the cafeteria window to get food. He quickly pulled out his phone to inquire with Zhou Chuan about any discoveries.

After a while, Tang Ning received a message from Zhou Chuan:

"At the moment the umbrella fell, I didn't see his shadow."