Chapter 36

"Goodbyes are not forever, are not the end. It simply means I'll miss you. Until we meet again..."

Draco, Pansy and I were standing in the Entrance Hall with the rest of the Fourth-years for the carriages that would take us to Hogsmeade station.

"Lola!"

I turn and see Fleur hurrying over to me. Beyond her, far across the grounds, I could see Hagrid helping Madame Maxime to back two of the giant horses into their harness. The Beauxbatons carriage was about to take off.

"Nous nous reverrons, j'espère. J'espère trouver un emploi ici pour améliorer mon anglais." (We will see each other again, I hope. I am hoping to get a job here to improve my English.) She gives me a hug.

"Au revoir, Lola. Ce fut un plaisir de vous rencontrer!" (Goodbye, Lola. It has been a pleasure meeting you!) She turns to leave.

My spirit couldn't help but lift slightly, as I watch Fleur hurry back across the lawns to Madame Maxime, her silvery hair rippling in the sunlight.

The train journey back to Hogwarts was calm. I haven't forgiven Harry, Ron or Hermione for keeping Sirius a secret, yet. Near the end of the journey, I went to the toilet. On my way back, I saw Fred and George playing Exploding Snap with Harry, Ron and Hermione.

I open the door. Harry, Ron and Hermione look at me guiltily, but I just look past them to the twins. "Fred? George? Could I talk to you?"

They look at each other before standing up and following me into an empty compartment. I throw Fred a sack and he catches it. They look at me weirdly. "1000 Galleons." I say.

"What?" Fred says, flabbergasted.

"Take it. I don't want it. Neither does Harry." I say firmly

"You're mental." George says.

"No, I'm not. Take it and get inventing. It's my investment. For the Joke Shop. Just...don't pay it back." I say

"1000 Galleons.." Fred says, awestruck.

"I know. Think of the Canary Creams that you could make." I grin.

They look at each other and before they can try to force it the money back on me, the train stops and I run out of the compartment before they can even comprehend anything.

Uncle Vernon was waiting beyond platform 9 ¾. Pansy, Astoria and Blaise hug me before going to their parents, who are eyeing the Muggles suspiciously.

Draco hugs me tighter than the rest, whispering "write to me" before kissing my cheek and leaving quickly.

My cheeks go slightly red and I look down. Unfortunately, the twins spotted us, grinning and winking at me.

I roll my eyes, and after one last hug from Mrs Weasley and a goodbye to Ginny and the twins, I follow Uncle Vernon to the car, getting in the back next to Harry.

I had heard Hagrid speaking to Harry earlier, and one thing stuck out to me. He said:

What would come, would come. And we would have to meet it when it did.

And I had chosen my side. It was time for everyone else to now.

AHHHHHHH! WE MADE IT!!! The end. Of another year.

Roll credits.

I'll see YOU In the Order of the Phoenix.  ❤️❤️❤️❤️