Chapter 16

Lola's POV

Over the next few weeks, I couldn't get my parents out of my mind. I tried to get out of Moody's lessons, but I always convinced myself to go.

He shocked us all by announcing he was going to be using the Imperius Curse on us, to 'See if we can resist it'.

"But- but you said it's illegal, Professor.." Hermione said uncertainly. "You said- to use it against another human was-"

Moody cut her off "if you'd rather learn it the hard way- when someones putting it on you so they can control you completely- fine by me. You're excused. Off you go."

Moody points at the door. Hermione goes red and mutters something, while Harry and Ron grin.

One by one, Moody put the curse on each of us. Lavender Brown imitated a squirrel, Longbottom did gymnastics, and Finnigan did a ballet routine.

Nobody was able to fight the curse, except- well- obviously- Harry.

A second after Moody muttered "Imperio" Harry's knees bent, ready to jump. He hesitated, then sort of jerked forward, banging his knee against the table.

I winced. That would leave a mark. "Now that's more like it!" Moody growled. "Look at that, you lot..Potter fought! He fought it and he damn near beat it! We'll try that again, Potter, and the rest of you, pay attention- watch his eyes, that's where you see it- very good, Potter, very good indeed! They'll have trouble controlling you"

For some reason, that last sentence made me uneasy. Who? Who would be trying to control us? And why was he looking at Harry like that...?

Moody made Harry fight the curse 5 more times. By then, class was over. Luckily, I hadn't had a go. I was not feeling in the mood to embarrass myself. Ever since Moody had said those two foul words, my hands trembled at the sight of him.

My parents. I missed them so much. I often imagined what it would be like if they were still alive. We'd all probably be much happier...

The rest of the day went by like normal. In Care Of Magical Creatures, the 'Ferret' incident was brought up.

Hagrid suggested we come down to his Hut to 'observe the Skrewts and make notes on their extraordinary behavior'.

"I will not." Draco said flatly. "I see enough of these foul things during lessons, thanks"

"Yeh'll do wha' yer told. Or I'll be takin' a leaf outta Professor Moody's book...hear yeh made a good ferret, Malfoy" Hagrid growls.

The Gryffindors burst out laughing as I tried to hold back a smile. Hagrid was finally standing up for himself.

After lesson, we make our way to the Entrance Hall. There was a large crowd gathered outside the notice board in the middle of the hall.

Crabbe and Goyle pushed through to the middle of the crowd, while me and Draco walk in the gap they've created. We get to the center of the crowd and I find myself next to Harry, Ron and Hermione.

"Oh, hey guys" I say. Ron gives me a weird look while Harry and Hermione smile.

"Hey. Have you seen the notice?"

"No" I say trying to see over all the heads "I was making my way over there, but I lost Draco and this crowd is huge"

Ron goes on his tiptoes and reads the sign out loud

Triwizard Tournament
The delegations from Beauxbatons and Durmstrang will be arriving at 6 o'clock on Friday 30th of October. Lessons will end half an hour earlier.

Students will return their bags and books to their dormitories and assemble in front of the castle to greet our guests before the welcoming feast.

"Only a week away!" A random Hufflepuff said "I wonder if Cedric knows? Think I'll go and tell him..."

"Cedric?" Ron said blankly, watching the Hufflepuff walk away.

"Diggory. Remember? Amos' son" I say. "He must be entering the Tournament"

"That idiot, Hogwarts champion?" Ron says as we walk to the Great Hall for lunch.

"He's not an idiot, you just don't like him because he beat Gryffindor at Quidditch" Hermione says "I've heard he's a really good student- and he's a Prefect."

"You only like him because he's handsome" Ron says scathingly

"Excuse me! I don't like people just because they're handsome!" Hermione says indignantly.

"I do!" I chime in. "He's handsome as fuck. I mean, have you seen his face?" I sigh dreamily.

Harry and Ron gag and Hermione hides her smile. God, if only Ginny was here. She'd have a lot to say about him...

During the next week, all anybody could talk about was the Triwizard Tournament. Rumors were flying everywhere, who was going to try out, challenges they would have to complete, and how the Beauxbatons and Durmstrang students would arrive.

I noticed that teachers seemed oddly tense, and the castle seemed to be having a deep, thorough clean.

Portraits were scrubbed raw, suits of armor were gleaming and anyone who forgot to wipe their feet in the halls were verbally attacked by Argus Filch.

When Draco and I walked into the Great Hall for breakfast on the 30th of October, it was decked out in decorations. There were silk banners hanging from the walls, each representing a house.

Behind the teacher's table hung the largest banner of them all, the Hogwarts coat of arms, a lion, eagle, badger and serpent all united around a large 'H'.

We take a seat at the Slytherin table, talking about who would enter the Tournament.

"Nobody from Slytherin wants to." I grumble "bunch of pussy's. Then again, I would never enter myself."

Draco nods "It would be good to have a Slytherin represent this shitty school." Draco thinks for a second "I don't know if I would ever enter, even if I was of age. Seems a lot of risk, for what? Money and a cup?"

"Good point" I say, taking a piece of toast. Just then, I see Harry getting an owl from someone. I wonder who it is. Maybe Mrs Weasley. I shrug it off. If it was important, he'd tell me.

Right...?

(A/n: I know i said i would do this based on the books, but i have decided to change to the films. if there is a line/ scene in the books or characters that I like that arent in the films, i will include them. Also, ive made a few changes along the way, so if somthing is different from what you've previously read, thats why)