21

third pov

you got into your stance and prepared to fight while lee did the same at your side. dosu pulled up his sleeve, revealng the gadget on his arm

"one one with the eyebrows is pretty good at taijutsu, looks like i get to have some fun."
he rushed towards the both of you, readying an attack. lee dug his hand into th ground and pulled up a whole tree trunk as a defense while stepping in front of you with a protective hand at his side

dosu's eyes widened at his sheer strength and he jumped backwards

"wow..." you marveled quietly. sakura had thrown a kunai at dosu but ultimately missed.
"i am positive there is some kind of trick to your attack, so i will not waste my time trying to dodge it!" dosu's eyes widened at lee's declaration.
"after all i have seen it before!"

'forgot how strong he is' you thought. 
"lee get out of the way, i can help" you said
"absolutely not! ive got this!" lee protested, looking back at you with that signature shiny smile. you didnt want to get distracted from the fight so you shut your mouth.

-with team seven-

"ughhhh we cant find anyone weaker than us!" ino complained
"well, i dont think naruto's team is that great. we could try them?"  shikamaru proposed in a very matter-of-fact tone. this seemed to anger ino.
"huh? sakura and naruto for sure but i wont have you talking bad about sasuke and Y/N like that, no way!" ino said with hands on her hips.

before she could chew into shikamaru any further, choji spoke.
"sasuke and naruto are collapsed, Y/N, lee and sakura are facing some sound ninja." he stated
"WHAAAAT?!" both shikamaru and ino jump up to the branch where choji is and squint to see the scene.

-back with you guys-

lee begins unwrapping his bandages. your eyes widen in realisation of what hes about to do.
"its too dangerous!" you called out but of course, lee being who he is, he ignored you
"this.. is to protect the life of someone precious to me!" he yelled.

'i cant be the precious to you, we met like yesterday' you sweatdropped before going back to the fight.

lee disappeared and dosu stopped whatever he was doing
"did he disappear?" he wondered outloud.

lee suddenly appeared in frint of him and kicked him in the jaw and when dosu was still in the air from the blow, lee appeared behind him, his bandages wrapping around dosu. he put his arms around zaku tightly and they both rushed to the ground.

"no way, he cant break the fall!" zaku exclaimed and began doing handsigns
'absolutely not!' you launched a ball of chakra  at his hands, the chakra divided and went into his hand holes, causing extreme pain.

"AUGHHHHH!" zaku yelled and tried to shake the chakra out of his hands, in the same way you would try to put out a fire. you smirked at his pain 
"primary lotus!" both of you heard and looked up. lee and dosu were spinning in the air as they fell down.

i saw zaku smirk and place his hands down on the soil.
"not on my watch!" you exclaimed and threw a storm of kunai at him, they cut him and distracted him from what he was going to do.

"you little-! youre finished!" zaku lunged at you, his palm curled in a tiger claw-like formation, you dodged and pressed your chakra-filled palm into his abdomen, meking him scream out in pain.

just then, lee and dosu landed with a bang, forcing you away from zaku  lee jumped back as soon as they hit the ground.
"you were lucky" you said to zaku. dosu was head down in the dirt, unmoving. until he slowly got up and shook his head.

"what?! this cannot be!"  lee exclaimed in disbelief
"what a frightening jutsu... almost took me out even though i landed on the soft dirt"

dosu pulls up his sleeve, exposing the mechanism on his forearm. your eyes widened.
"lee get out of the way!!" you yelled, running to him to push him out of the way while at the same time, shooting chakra projectiles at dosu, trying to make him stop. 

with the holes in his hands, zaku directed the chakra back at you, however you dodged skillfully

Y/N pov

i was like an arms length from being able to reach lee, who for some reason was in a fighting stance.